RBC and NFL sign deal on Sunday Ticket Out-of-Home

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: RBC and NFL sign deal on Sunday Ticket Out-of-Home

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:20 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:11 pm
DavedaHammer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:12 pm Look for Cardinal to bail on the league since he now has a money making deal with the NFL. It's the closest thing as getting a NFL team that Cardinal would've gotten which was the plan along
His name hasn't been linked to the Commanders and there aren't any other teams up for sale anytime soon.
You have to have REAL serious wealth today to buy an NFL team. Not just a couple Billion $$. I'm not sure even he has close to that. RBC is not GC.
Gerry would have to join a group, and if that was his plan, he would have already been linked to the Commanders with one of the two groups that have already submitted a bid (one of whom Commanders fans have issues with). He hasn't been, so I don't know what the hell Dave is talking about.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

laxtreme56 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:39 pm
DavedaHammer wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:12 pm Look for Cardinal to bail on the league since he now has a money making deal with the NFL. It's the closest thing as getting a NFL team that Cardinal would've gotten which was the plan along
Gerry has done business with the NFL before and his business ventures all do quite well. This is just another feather in his cap. If he really wanted a team he would just go in with one of the groups trying to buy the Commanders.
It's an exit strategy. Cardinal is going to make more money with the Sunday Ticket out of home deal than lose money on a financial blackhole in the XFL. What better way to be associated with the NFL than with this false alliance with a fourth tiered football league.

Besides NFL ownerships prohibit corporate owners. Must be individuals with vast sources of money
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:43 pm
MGB01 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:35 pm
Is this The Onion?
Worse. CFL fanboy.
Correction. The greatest CFL supporter
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

His name hasn't been linked to the Commanders and there aren't any other teams up for sale anytime soon (either majority or minority), so it's unlikely he's going to pull the plug on the XFL for an NFL team.

Also, it's Cardinale, not Cardinal. Cardinal is already in the NFL.....they play in Arizona.
The Seattle Seahawks are next up for sale by the sister of the late Paul Allen once Washington State taxation on Lumen Stadium lapse after a few years from now.

A good businessman would definitely pull the plug on a lucrative NFL deal for a money pit like the XFL. It will be 10 years before Red Bird sees a profit. The man is running a business not a charity
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

His name hasn't been linked to the Commanders and there aren't any other teams up for sale anytime soon.
You have to have REAL serious wealth today to buy an NFL team. Not just a couple Billion $$. I'm not sure even he has close to that. RBC is not GC.
Magic Johnson is getting involved and he's no billionaire. A Canadian Real Estate businessman, Steve Apostolousos(sic) is involved and his worth is in Canadian funds. Ones needs to pay for an NFL team in cash upfront without any debt tied to the purchase.

Hogwash. Cardinale is Red Bird because he's the one that was adamant on putting a XFL team in Las Vegas which is an epic fail on his part
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:24 pm

Gerry would have to join a group, and if that was his plan, he would have already been linked to the Commanders with one of the two groups that have already submitted a bid (one of whom Commanders fans have issues with). He hasn't been, so I don't know what the hell Dave is talking about.
I'm talking about the difference of a money making deal through the NFL than losing money for several years in a subpar football league. Cardinale would be smart to cut his losses on the XFL once he acquired that Sunday Ticket Out of Home distribution deal.

Cardinale is good at making money from associations with other sport entities. He's bad at being a league owner. It was his decision to have a team in Vegas when that market doesn't want the team. Ratings are dwindling, attendance is poor, the league is bleeding out money. That's three strikes and he's going to be out of the football league ownership
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Apparently the rules on spamming have been relaxed.

Mr. Greatest CFL supporter who got thrown off of CFL forums :lol:
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

MGB01 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:17 am Apparently the rules on spamming have been relaxed.

They fear me because I spoke the truth. That site went to shit after I was banned. I choose to brighten this site with my presence especially on the CFL front
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

This is a straight up troll job. Ignore this response.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:09 am
MGB01 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:17 am Apparently the rules on spamming have been relaxed.

They fear me because I spoke the truth. That site went to shit after I was banned. I choose to brighten this site with my presence especially on the CFL front
Here well in advance of April Fools Day (Sat) I see