Vipers trade QB Luis Perez to Renegades

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Vipers trade QB Luis Perez to Renegades

Post by GregParks »

Seems like a bargain for Arlington - they get a starting QB for a deep reserve LB.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Re: Vipers trade QB Luis Perez to Renegades

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:01 pm

Seems like a bargain for Arlington - they get a starting QB for a deep reserve LB.
Yeah - lots of happening seem to be drive by the league vs Team. That trade makes no sense.

Also - like I said the other thread... Are L Perez and K Sloter careers better off after moving to the XFL? They didn't want to lose LP, but this smells of League over Team actions.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Hmm. Perez is a middle of the pack QB in this league but he's probably dynamic enough to give the anemic Renegades O a shot in the arm. Combined with a solid Renegades D and this is a smart move.

Vegas OTOH seems to have written the season off. Hundley is the man now but despite being surrounded by NFL talent he's been worse than Perez so far. But he's the man for the Vipers for now.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

is the offense going to be better with Perez? Or are they going to continue to go with Perez and Plitt rotating in and out?

Vegas will now be looking for a 3rd QB.
He Hate Me
Receiver

Post by He Hate Me »

Now Luis doesn't have to walk though the sub-basement service tunnel to get on his home field :)

CFLfan_inPhilly
Running Back

Post by CFLfan_inPhilly »

Maybe too little too late for both teams.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4557
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

CFLfan_inPhilly wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:38 pm Maybe too little too late for both teams.
It only makes sense for AR and only it they fully transition to LP in week 9. I think Plitt should play 100% of weeks 7-8 to allow LP time to practice.

I get that Woodson is a newbie but Stoops team has been embarrassing on offense, platooning Sloter and Plitt was a bad idea.

Getting rid of Sloter almost looks like a League choice to help SA stay alive in playoffs. Lots of weird player moves lately.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:51 pm
CFLfan_inPhilly wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:38 pm Maybe too little too late for both teams.
It only makes sense for AR and only it they fully transition to LP in week 9. I think Plitt should play 100% of weeks 7-8 to allow LP time to practice.

I get that Woodson is a newbie but Stoops team has been embarrassing on offense, platooning Sloter and Plitt was a bad idea.

Getting rid of Sloter almost looks like a League choice to help SA stay alive in playoffs. Lots of weird player moves lately.
Probably not happening. It will likely be a rotating QB system like they have been doing.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:56 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:51 pm

Probably not happening. It will likely be a rotating QB system like they have been doing.
I tend to agree with you GDAWG but I don't think its a good system.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I'm sure that a certain someone in this thread will enlighten us as to how removing a QB with a passer rating below 60 (and immediately upgrading from 4.9 to 7.4 Y/A) is designed to help a rival stay alive in the playoff race.

My only question is, do you even think this through before you hit 'submit'?