XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Vipers trade QB Luis Perez to Renegades

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:01 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:56 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:51 pm

It only makes sense for AR and only it they fully transition to LP in week 9. I think Plitt should play 100% of weeks 7-8 to allow LP time to practice.

I get that Woodson is a newbie but Stoops team has been embarrassing on offense, platooning Sloter and Plitt was a bad idea.

Getting rid of Sloter almost looks like a League choice to help SA stay alive in playoffs. Lots of weird player moves lately.
Probably not happening. It will likely be a rotating QB system like they have been doing.
I tend to agree with you GDAWG but I don't think its a good system.
it's not a good system, but Arlington and San Antonio will continue with it.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:39 pm

Probably not happening. It will likely be a rotating QB system like they have been doing.
:o :shock: :( :evil:
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:39 pm

:o :shock: :( :evil: ... Not good
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

Ugh. I don't like this at all. There's ZERO chance that Vegas would want to actually do this trade, no? What do they get out of this? Please convince me that the teams are making these trades and not the league...

XFL 3.0 has been disappointing for me in a lot of ways, to be honest. I hate to say that because I LOVED XFL 2.0 so, so much.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Invaders wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:30 pm Ugh. I don't like this at all. There's ZERO chance that Vegas would want to actually do this trade, no? What do they get out of this? Please convince me that the teams are making these trades and not the league...

XFL 3.0 has been disappointing for me in a lot of ways, to be honest. I hate to say that because I LOVED XFL 2.0 so, so much.
Well I suppose I'd be a bit more appreciative of these concerns if your ringleader wasn't trying to convince the board that is a league ploy to help San Antonio
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:05 pm
Invaders wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:30 pm Ugh. I don't like this at all. There's ZERO chance that Vegas would want to actually do this trade, no? What do they get out of this? Please convince me that the teams are making these trades and not the league...

Well I suppose I'd be a bit more appreciative of these concerns if your ringleader wasn't trying to convince the board that is a league ploy to help San Antonio
haha. I'm honestly not sure how to being to respond to that.

I definitely feel like the league is trying to help itself, Arlington, Luis Perez, and Brett Hundley. I'm not sure what the order of preference is with the helping, but I would just prefer that the league be more of an invisible hand. I was a little shaky on the Benkert trade, but at least he wasn't playing.

To me, it feels like the XFL feels like they misallocated the QBs and are scrambling to fix it. It's just not a look I'm comfortable with for a single entity ownership league. And, if they feel the need to fix it I wish they'd either leave it up to the teams or do it themselves or wait until after the season is over.

Having said this, I have no evidence that Las Vegas and Arlington didn't consummate this idea themselves, but it would be hard to understand why Vegas wouldn't hold out for much more. Maybe that's why their record is so terrible though?
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

To me this is definitely a league decision but realistically what do you expect? If the rumors are right then the league is paying Hundley 200k a year to ride the bench and I can guess now that might be a bad business decision. The league knows Vegas is done and probably wants to give Hundley a reason to stay next year and Perez the same.
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

To me this is definitely a league decision but realistically what do you expect? If the rumors are right then the league is paying Hundley 200k a year to ride the bench and I can guess now that might be a bad business decision. The league knows Vegas is done and probably wants to give Hundley a reason to stay next year and Perez the same.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:05 am To me this is definitely a league decision but realistically what do you expect? If the rumors are right then the league is paying Hundley 200k a year to ride the bench and I can guess now that might be a bad business decision. The league knows Vegas is done and probably wants to give Hundley a reason to stay next year and Perez the same.
Well the issue is people bet futures on who wins the championship (i did not personally) but if you did and later find out that the league is making personnel decisions over the team, that isnot going to sit well with gamblers.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Spoke to Mike Mitchell about this. He broke down how it came together. It was NOT league initiated. One thing to keep in mind is that Vegas DC Cris Dishman was a coach with the Guardians in 2020 when Mueller played in NY so there is some familiarity there.
@gregmparks