Renegades release QB Kyle Sloter

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Renegades release QB Kyle Sloter

Post by GregParks »

I'm thinking he asked for his release to head back to the USFL while training camps are just starting up. He was clearly unhappy with the play calling on Sunday. He may have also not wanted to be a part of the two-QB system Arlington was trying to run.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Re: Renegades release QB Kyle Sloter

Post by MGB01 »

I think a lot of returning USFL DBs from last year were too :D
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Interesting to see who they bring in as a third QB, but it probably won't be Kelly Bryant as he's apparently trying out for WWE this week.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Funny - I almost strarted a Thread titled:

L Perez & K Sloter - has the moved to XFL helped their Career?

both these guys got signed by NFL camps - why they chose XFL was a Puzzle

This is HUGE news. AR is now vulnerable with Plitt to not making playoffs. Johnathon Hayes has been major disappointment. At this point does Sloter call it a day?
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

He’s a backup in the USFL, lots of better QB’s in that league than last year and his play in the XFL doesn’t make him a starter in this league either. This was his last chance.

On another note, huge news for Brahmas fans, Arlington is facing a good defense and offense next week and Brahmas are playing Vipers… south just got interesting
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:39 pm Funny - I almost strarted a Thread titled:

L Perez & K Sloter - has the moved to XFL helped their Career?

both these guys got signed by NFL camps - why they chose XFL was a Puzzle

This is HUGE news. AR is now vulnerable with Plitt to not making playoffs. Johnathon Hayes has been major disappointment. At this point does Sloter call it a day?
The timing certainly suggests to me that Sloter is going to make another run at the USFL. My guess is that he saw the XFL as a slight step up (especially money-wise).

Perez, he played in the AAF and XFL 2.0. He's a D2 guy, he's living a dream he probably never imagined plausible. And as weak as the Vipers have been, they've been competitive. Brett Hundley wasn't much of an improvement and there's a reason Perez is still playing and starting. He might just be more comfortable playing in the winter/spring season--and the XFL does pay QBs better. I don't think this season has hurt him all that much. He clearly has some loyalty to this league which is good to see.

But Sloter, he took a hit. The Renegades have squandered one of the XFL's best defenses with poor offensive play from him and Plitt. Perhaps returning to the USFL, with the stretched-thin talent pool, would be one last shot at standing out.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Pittsburgh and Houston stand out to me as the places he can start but the rest he should be merely competition. Let's not forget he threw more INTs than TDs last year, so it ain't like he's Bryan Scott out on the wire.