USATODAY: DJ, DG on XFL

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

USATODAY: DJ, DG on XFL

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/x ... 541516002/

>> XFL owners Dany Garcia, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson take stock at season's midway point<<
CFLfan_inPhilly
Running Back

Re: USATODAY: DJ, DG on XFL

Post by CFLfan_inPhilly »

I haven't read the article yet...
but I assume that they completely trash all the players and coaches, lament their decision to ever get involved, and announce that they're bailing out now before they hemorrhage more money.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

DJ and Dany talked about making though the halfway point of the season, how things are looking up, how the broadcasting in the next games includes more ABC and ESPN, and how there will be a 2024 season.

That is all well and good, and I believe that is the correct message. But, I know the XFL has a ways to go, especially with the quality of the game, promotions and officiating. They know they cut corners to get to this point, and they were behind, but they are catching up. That being said, they have to work even harder in the second half of this season to finish as a winner.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

CFLfan_inPhilly wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:30 am I haven't read the article yet...
but I assume that they completely trash all the players and coaches, lament their decision to ever get involved, and announce that they're bailing out now before they hemorrhage more money.
LOL exactly.

As, expected its the usual, everything going according to expectations etc... was hoping for a nugget or two but nothing new really.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:01 am
CFLfan_inPhilly wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:30 am I haven't read the article yet...
LOL exactly.

As, expected its the usual, everything going according to expectations etc... was hoping for a nugget or two but nothing new really.
What else did you expect? Maybe things really are going according to plan and meeting expectations. Spring football has failed in one way or another for 40 years now, people are skeptical and they spent all of $125k on digital marketing the first 6 weeks of 2023. Like the USFL last year, year one is basically a beta test for all intents and purposes. Finish out the year strong, see what works and what didn't (Vegas, QB play) and improve from there.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:51 am
4th&long wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:01 am
LOL exactly.

What else did you expect? Maybe things really are going according to plan and meeting expectations. Spring football has failed in one way or another for 40 years now, people are skeptical and they spent all of $125k on digital marketing the first 6 weeks of 2023. Like the USFL last year, year one is basically a beta test for all intents and purposes. Finish out the year strong, see what works and what didn't (Vegas, QB play) and improve from there.
Like I stated I was expecting a new nugget or two. Maybe the ESPN+ numbers or further channel swaps for example.

Actually your last sentence was more informative than their comments.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

A return in 2024 doesn't surprise me at all. Whether or not all 8 current teams return though seems unlikely.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:01 pm A return in 2024 doesn't surprise me at all. Whether or not all 8 current teams return though seems unlikely.
Saying in week 6 they will return next season doesn't surprise me at all. Hopefully doesn't change after the championship. All up to RBC. The economy isn't helping.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:09 pm
GDAWG wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:01 pm A return in 2024 doesn't surprise me at all. Whether or not all 8 current teams return though seems unlikely.
Saying in week 6 they will return next season doesn't surprise me at all. Hopefully doesn't change after the championship. All up to RBC. The economy isn't helping.
I will be surprised if RBC pulls out after one season. I have long believed that they will only pull out if they believe they can get an NFL team and they are not in the running for the Commanders.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:19 pm
4th&long wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:09 pm
I will be surprised if RBC pulls out after one season. I have long believed that they will only pull out if they believe they can get an NFL team and they are not in the running for the Commanders.
They cant afford Wash