Game thread: Houston Roughnecks @ DC Defenders, Monday, March 27 7:00PM ET, ESPN2, ESPN+

XFL Football discussion.
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Re: Game thread: Houston Roughnecks @ DC Defenders, Monday, March 27 7:00PM ET, ESPN2, ESPN+

Post by Coffeeeyes »

admin wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:35 pm
XFL4ever wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:34 pm Attendance tonight ??
Doesn’t help the league when they put teams with bad attendance like Vegas games at ideal time slots while DC and SA get night games like today :/

Probably the biggest benefit the USFL has of being owned by Fox is that they can’t get pushed to later or too early time slots, all USFL games next year are at good times. I’m on the West coast watching an Arlington game at 4pm I know there’s a problem, cause that game won’t be done until 10pm local time there
MGB01
MVP

Re: Game thread: Houston Roughnecks @ DC Defenders, Monday, March 27 7:00PM ET, ESPN2, ESPN+

Post by MGB01 »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:56 pm
admin wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:35 pm
XFL4ever wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:34 pm Attendance tonight ??
Doesn’t help the league when they put teams with bad attendance like Vegas games at ideal time slots while DC and SA get night games like today :/

Probably the biggest benefit the USFL has of being owned by Fox is that they can’t get pushed to later or too early time slots, all USFL games next year are at good times. I’m on the West coast watching an Arlington game at 4pm I know there’s a problem, cause that game won’t be done until 10pm local time there
Arlington?

And the USFL does have a 9 local start on 5/27 in Canton (in addition to several night games)
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

DC best team in league clearly. Houston showed some life, that was good.

Fun game.

In a rematch for league championship - DC favored by 6?
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Just watched. Great performance by DC. Not perfect -- KO coverage remains lacking; really frustrating that they couldn't convert on another 1st and goal from the one; defense's 4th quarter wasn't great. But loved that they were able to throw when the defense loaded up for the run. Defense really turned this game with the overwhelming pressure and forcing the pick 6.

This really cemented DC as the team to beat. I think Seattle is the team that scares me the most the rest of the way.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
LetsGoBrandonSilvers
Linebacker

Post by LetsGoBrandonSilvers »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:56 pm
[/quote]

Seattle has had a Thursday game at 6 pm, a Saturday game at 7 the night before daylights savings time, a Thursday at 7:30, the next game will be at 4 on Easter Sunday, and they finish with a Sunday at 6. No day games, a holiday game, and two mid week games. I would like to see what they could do with a 1 pm on a Saturday. The 2020 squad had good numbers on a pair of day games.
jcestl
Running Back

Post by jcestl »

I wonder how they arrive at the attendance numbers. Audi holds 20k. Stands were mostly full...3/4 or so. Other end zone maybe 1/2 full. The side in front of the cameras was no more than 1/2 (maybe 1/3) full and the other side of the stadium was almost empty. I'd guess closer to 8k. There's no way that stadium was over 1/2 filled.
It just concerns me that attendance is as low league wide as it is. I think they're just pumping up the attendance numbers to save face. I hope it improves.
I know the product on the field is more important.....but....
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

jcestl wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:03 pm I wonder how they arrive at the attendance numbers. Audi holds 20k. Stands were mostly full...3/4 or so. Other end zone maybe 1/2 full. The side in front of the cameras was no more than 1/2 (maybe 1/3) full and the other side of the stadium was almost empty. I'd guess closer to 8k. There's no way that stadium was over 1/2 filled.
It just concerns me that attendance is as low league wide as it is. I think they're just pumping up the attendance numbers to save face. I hope it improves.
Its all about the TV ratings. They can fib about the attendance (BTW it was below 10k avg for week anyway), but they can't lie to their bank account about paid attendance. ie its just PR.

The TV ratings are what matterslong term The ABC games (2) averaged 900k - all three so far 723k viewers - Houston/DC not yet listed on ShowBuzz
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

jcestl wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:03 pm I wonder how they arrive at the attendance numbers. Audi holds 20k. Stands were mostly full...3/4 or so. Other end zone maybe 1/2 full. The side in front of the cameras was no more than 1/2 (maybe 1/3) full and the other side of the stadium was almost empty. I'd guess closer to 8k. There's no way that stadium was over 1/2 filled.
Please do tell how a stadium can be 3/4 full and simultaneously no way over half full.

I guess the board now has its own PFT wing