Game thread: San Antonio Brahmas @ Arlington Renegades, Sunday, March 26 3:00PM ET, ABC, ESPN+

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Game thread: San Antonio Brahmas @ Arlington Renegades, Sunday, March 26 3:00PM ET, ABC, ESPN+

Post by MGB01 »

GregParks wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:28 pm I had been wondering if people were overrating Benkert. Maybe it's not fair to judge him on today's game because of the lack of prep time and obviously there have been communication issues, but I feel like he's not going to be the savior some people seem to expect.
Maybe it was the Mayfield comp, but he wasn't really that great until the last two drives (and the Raiders sorta handed them that game anyway). Besides, #1 pick to a career QB3, really?
MGB01
MVP

Re: Game thread: San Antonio Brahmas @ Arlington Renegades, Sunday, March 26 3:00PM ET, ABC, ESPN+

Post by MGB01 »

laxtreme56 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:30 pm Gotta say I've been the leagues biggest defender, but this, this is a horrible display of football two weeks in a row. I'm really not sure what the answer is, it's not even that great of defense, just totally ineffective offense.
Yeah definitely upon further review if they were intent on a Texas Throwdown b2b they should have had Houston in it.
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

laxtreme56 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:30 pm Gotta say I've been the leagues biggest defender, but this, this is a horrible display of football two weeks in a row. I'm really not sure what the answer is, it's not even that great of defense, just totally ineffective offense.
Word. I'm really hoping for OT somehow and for it to be entertaining. If I had to bet though, I'd bet Plitt takes a sack on the last play of the game...
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Invaders wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:40 pm
Word. I'm really hoping for OT somehow and for it to be entertaining. If I had to bet though, I'd bet Plitt takes a sack on the last play of the game...
Well there's your sack
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

And I took the in-game over at 24.5 :oops: cheesus christ
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

MGB01 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:40 pm
Invaders wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:40 pm
Well there's your sack
AND.............................
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

laxtreme56 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:42 pm And I took the in-game over at 24.5 :oops: cheesus christ
Calling SVP (Bad Beats)
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

Ugh. Barely get the play off only to throw an INT. So, so rough...

If Houston and DC can't play entertaining tomorrow I'm going to be so depressed.

Seriously, was XFL 2020 and USFL 2.0 this bad too and I just didn't notice through rose tinted glasses?
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

San Antonio win makes things a lot more interesting in terms of the standings. That'll make more games meaningful in the coming weeks.

It seems like part of the XFL's "player-first" mantra is not to have the sideline reporters ask the tough questions. No interview with Russolino after the missed FG about what went wrong or anything like that. It doesn't have to be antagonistic like XFL1.0 was, but it would certainly make the broadcasts more fascinating.
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Arlington and San Antonio look like winnable games for Orlando based on the last few weeks.
@gregmparks