Game thread: San Antonio Brahmas @ Arlington Renegades, Sunday, March 26 3:00PM ET, ABC, ESPN+

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Game thread: San Antonio Brahmas @ Arlington Renegades, Sunday, March 26 3:00PM ET, ABC, ESPN+

Post by 4th&long »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:52 pm I also wanna say I think Pass was actually decent. A QB that can do the read options this offense liked with Coan, just hasn’t got the accuracy and I think he feels the pressure too.

Maybe he’s a project? I don’t know but he’s very athletic lots of upside just needs to hammer that away. He has enough talent to lead this team against the Vipers and I don’t think anyone can blame him for not being the brightest against one of the best defenses in the league
Pass 8/14 for 57yds no INTs and 21 yds rushing
Benkert 1/6 for 2 yds 1 INT and 5 yds rushing

And they won!

Clearly Pass knows the system better for now. He's their best chance against the Vipers. If they can win this one they can try Benkurt in weeks 9-10 maybe 8. But this team is not good.
Sounder
Coach

Re: Game thread: San Antonio Brahmas @ Arlington Renegades, Sunday, March 26 3:00PM ET, ABC, ESPN+

Post by Sounder »

I guess the configuration of that ballpark makes a 12k crowd look pretty spread out because it looked more like 8k.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Sounder wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:20 am I guess the configuration of that ballpark makes a 12k crowd look pretty spread out because it looked more like 8k.
the rev field and end zones definitely looked less than opener

ABC avoided alot of crowd shots where they could i the one side was rarely shown

need to get some scoring going to get people out
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Sounder wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:20 am I guess the configuration of that ballpark makes a 12k crowd look pretty spread out because it looked more like 8k.
They're a lot like Vegas in that all the attendance numbers are within a small window, suspiciously small.

San Antonio, Orlando, DC have a more natural variation week to week that makes the numbers at Arlington and Vegas look fishy.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

To be fair, Choctaw Stadium hasn't had a sell out crowd for any sporting event since they were a baseball stadium in September 2019.