Rock tweeting record spring attendance (cough)

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Rock tweeting record spring attendance (cough)

Post by 4th&long »

The lies keep coming... you go Rock!

>> Dwayne Johnson@TheRock
Very humbling & honored to announce we officially set an XFL (and spring football) attendance record this past weekend in St Louis 🤯🏟️ 38,310 @XFLBattlehawks fanatics.
Step by step we’re building for the long haul for our fans and player opportunities.
#week5 @XFL2023
@NFL
6:01 AM · Mar 18, 2023 <<

Humbled ? Your bragging about a lie.

I like Rock but he needs to cool it.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Rock tweeting record spring attendance (cough)

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:47 am The lies keep coming... you go Rock!

Very humbling & honored to announce we officially set an XFL (and spring football) attendance record this past weekend in St Louis 🤯🏟️ 38,310 @XFLBattlehawks fanatics.
Step by step we’re building for the long haul for our fans and player opportunities.
#week5 @XFL2023
@NFL

Sure it's the last 30 years (stateside), not all time. Of course I'm sure you were all over the USFL when they totally ignored WLAF in announcing their return right?

Would you rather he just shamelessly self-promote and mention STL as where he won his first world title? Cause if the league was all about him and D-Gar as you've baselessly claimed, that'd be the first.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:10 pm

#week5 @XFL2023
@NFL

Sure it's the last 30 years (stateside), not all time. Of course I'm sure you were all over the USFL when they totally ignored WLAF in announcing their return right?

Would you rather he just shamelessly self-promote and mention STL as where he won his first world title? Cause if the league was all about him and D-Gar as you've baselessly claimed, that'd be the first.
Sorry can't explain everything, he lied. Why are you always deflecting? They were the first independent spring league since USFL original to finish and return - yes.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:19 pm

#week5 @XFL2023
@NFL

Sorry can't explain everything, he lied. Why are you always deflecting? They were the first independent spring league since USFL original to finish and return - yes.
Yes but their original release didn't say that (as I pointed out at the time), it was added by various outlets. But I'm sure you have their original ball-spiking at the ready.............................

And I didn't know I was "deflecting" when I corrected it to last 30 years (stateside), not all time.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

4th&long wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:19 pm

#week5 @XFL2023
@NFL

Which is about as impressive as being the tallest midget. The WLAF wasn't owned solely by the NFL either. Of course the AFL also had 22 seasons of uninterrupted play before its first bankruptcy. XFL 2020 wasn't finishing their season regardless if they came back in 2021 as all player contracts were to expire mid-May 2020. The AAF was a complete rush job to beat the XFL to the punch and came off looking less than professional (cough, cough, USFL.) Of course we all know the story of XFL 1.0 and don't need to rehash it again. So in 40 years the USFL is the only spring league to return even though only 2.5 outdoor independent spring leagues actually played in that time frame. Weird flex, but ok
super390
Receiver

Post by super390 »

In fairness, USFL was a summer league, not a spring league. It was actually fighting the NFL for stars, and relying on them to drive attendance. Today no one thinks of spring leagues doing that. So to me the WLAF Ohio Glory record is the one that still stands. It must have been Penny Beer night or something in Columbus.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

super390 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:03 pm In fairness, USFL was a summer league, not a spring league. It was actually fighting the NFL for stars, and relying on them to drive attendance. Today no one thinks of spring leagues doing that. So to me the WLAF Ohio Glory record is the one that still stands. It must have been Penny Beer night or something in Columbus.
The original was spring/summer major league pro football. Basically AAA+ level, where every league since has been closer to AA ball.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

super390 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:03 pm In fairness, USFL was a summer league, not a spring league. It was actually fighting the NFL for stars, and relying on them to drive attendance. Today no one thinks of spring leagues doing that. So to me the WLAF Ohio Glory record is the one that still stands. It must have been Penny Beer night or something in Columbus.
RE Original USFL:

Well actually it really was a spring football league, it's season started late winter and played the entire spring and ended early summer.

So original USFL is spring FB and had the highest single game attendance.

XFL 2/3 is a Winter/Spring league and USFL 3.0 is a primarily spring league with a couple weeks of summer.

https://www.usflsite.com/1983season.php

https://www.usflsite.com/usflgame.php?game_id=147

>> 1984 Week 2 - Sunday, March 4, 1984
New Jersey Generals(1-0)(-4) at Jacksonville Bulls(1-0)
Attendance: 73,227, TV: ABC <<

Pretty amazing if you think about it.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

What's mildly frustrating about this is that the Ohio Glory mark is totally within reach. So if you acknowledge it, you have another milestone to take aim at, exceed, and celebrate.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:31 pm What's mildly frustrating about this is that the Ohio Glory mark is totally within reach. So if you acknowledge it, you have another milestone to take aim at, exceed, and celebrate.
I really don't think it means much at all in the PR wars of helping the XFL, just saying they have 38k is enough. But even that isn't going to drive much in and of itself. Of course the ticket $ are nice to get.

XFL 2020 picking StL was smart.