Two 0-4 teams and one will be 0-5 in the end

XFL Football discussion.
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Two 0-4 teams and one will be 0-5 in the end

Post by FootballYoda »

Sat Mar 18, Orlando Guardians @ Vegas Vipers

Two 0-4 teams and one will be 0-5 in the end. Which one?

DraftKings has Vegas by 7.5 points.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Two 0-4 teams and one will be 0-5 in the end

Post by 4th&long »

FootballYoda wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:56 pm Sat Mar 18, Orlando Guardians @ Vegas Vipers

Ouch that's alot! Was hoping 3.5
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

FootballYoda wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:56 pm Sat Mar 18, Orlando Guardians @ Vegas Vipers

Vegas to win at home. Not sure if they’ll cover the points though.
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
BattleHawks
Running Back

Post by BattleHawks »

vegas will also have 7.5 fans
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I'll repeat my prognostication from the W5 prediction thread:
I think we can safely say that Orlando/Vegas, which is going to be the 81st game in XFL history, will definitely be one of them.
Invaders
Running Back

Post by Invaders »

MarkNelson wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:39 pm Vegas to win at home. Not sure if they’ll cover the points though.
This was something I was thinking about the other day. Is there really much of a home field advantage in the XFL? To me, it would be more about the comfort of staying in your own home before the game, not having to deal with travel lag, etc. as much (or more than) having a crowd cheer for you.

So, especially in Vegas where the crowd impact will be negligible (my guess) and both teams have the same travel, is there really a home field advantage?

Then, to make my own counterpoint, did Birmingham do so well because of the home field advantage or were they just the best team in the USFL? Cuz if it was home field advantage, I guess the cheering crowd must matter more than the travel arrangements...
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Feels like Vegas has been unlucky in a few spots to end up 0-4. Orlando is just bad. If both teams can keep the penalties down (which admittedly, neither has been able to do consistently), this could be pretty interesting. Both teams in desperation mode.
@gregmparks
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Invaders wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:06 pm This was something I was thinking about the other day. Is there really much of a home field advantage in the XFL?
I definitely think the players feed on the crowd, and I imagine many would say just that. Mark might be able to speak to it.

Would also be pretty easy to add up the home records for the XFLs+AAF and see if there's a difference.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Invaders wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:06 pm
MarkNelson wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:39 pm Vegas to win at home. Not sure if they’ll cover the points though.
This was something I was thinking about the other day. Is there really much of a home field advantage in the XFL? To me, it would be more about the comfort of staying in your own home before the game, not having to deal with travel lag, etc. as much (or more than) having a crowd cheer for you.

So, especially in Vegas where the crowd impact will be negligible (my guess) and both teams have the same travel, is there really a home field advantage?

Then, to make my own counterpoint, did Birmingham do so well because of the home field advantage or were they just the best team in the USFL? Cuz if it was home field advantage, I guess the cheering crowd must matter more than the travel arrangements...
The odds makers tend to give +3 points to the home team - its likely +2 to 2.5 in XFL. That's all things being equal, the quality of the team and how they match up to opp still rules the day
BATTLETALKER
Kicker

Post by BATTLETALKER »

I'm hoping the Guardians win just cuz I absolutely LOVE Rod Woodson's reactions when his team majorly fucks up!!! You can totally feel him absorbing every single ounce of disappointment & disgust!!!!!! (Poor guy!)