Game thread: Houston Roughnecks @ Seattle Sea Dragons, Thursday, March 16 10:30PM ET, ESPN, ESPN+

XFL Football discussion.
admin
Site Admin

Game thread: Houston Roughnecks @ Seattle Sea Dragons, Thursday, March 16 10:30PM ET, ESPN, ESPN+

Post by admin »

XFL4ever
Running Back

Re: Game thread: Houston Roughnecks @ Seattle Sea Dragons, Thursday, March 16 10:30PM ET, ESPN, ESPN+

Post by XFL4ever »

Hopefully I can stay up late enough to see most of this on a work night !
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Game thread: Houston Roughnecks @ Seattle Sea Dragons, Thursday, March 16 10:30PM ET, ESPN, ESPN+

Post by MarkNelson »

XFL4ever wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:54 pm Hopefully I can stay up late enough to see most of this on a work night !
This is a late one, but I wouldn’t miss it. Could be a fun one.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MarkNelson wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:40 pm
XFL4ever wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:54 pm Hopefully I can stay up late enough to see most of this on a work night !
This is a late one, but I wouldn’t miss it. Could be a fun one.
Houston at SD +3 (o/u 41.5) at DK

Its a stretch but like the upset SD+3 (but not much) and over (a little more)
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

I think Seattle pulls off the upset tonight. They've played the tougher schedule so far, and if Dinucci limits the turnovers they should be able to overcome the tough Houston defense
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

They're competing against day one of March Madness. That almost is a holiday.
And yes, the Kraken play tonight, this time in San Jose.....it's still on TV.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Sounder wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:58 am They're competing against day one of March Madness. That almost is a holiday.
And yes, the Kraken play tonight, this time in San Jose.....it's still on TV.
The Hawks, Sounders, and Kraken have more buzz than the NCAAs. Hell other than Gonzaga, all it'll do is remind locals that UW committed to another year of Mike Hopkins, which I've already talked about three times (now with both of my alma maters playing each other Tuesday night that's just fine by me, and from the standpoint of the Dragons/XFL benefiting even better).

Besides, other than Northern Kentucky/Houston, which will be a slight hit to the Roughnecks locally cause of the overlap--though that game should be decided sometime in the first if not kickoff, what's the big draw? All the bigger games just happened (Louisiana might upset Tennessee since the Vols seemingly always underachieve here but is that really must see TV?).

If the Dragons just drew 15K with the Kraken at home and playing at the same time as Arizona/UCLA they'll be fine here. Maybe 12K cause of going back to Thursday but nothing alarming.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Houston will be without its top pass rusher, LB Trent Harris, who is inactive tonight.
@gregmparks
XFL4ever
Running Back

Post by XFL4ever »

Defenses came to play !
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

DiNucci for the TD! He needed that as did SD.

These 3pt conversions are v tough. Not enough conversions in general.