Game thread: Houston Roughnecks @ Seattle Sea Dragons, Thursday, March 16 10:30PM ET, ESPN, ESPN+

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Game thread: Houston Roughnecks @ Seattle Sea Dragons, Thursday, March 16 10:30PM ET, ESPN, ESPN+

Post by MGB01 »

GregParks wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:14 pm I certainly don't hate the idea of non-weekend games, but Seattle getting two Thursday nighters and a Friday night game seems odd, especially the two Thursday night games being 40% of the team's total home game allotment for the season.
The Dragons are explained by the Sounders: ever since they had that back-to-back with the Hawks in 2019 they've been totally insistent on at least a day in between, and since the two schedules came out about two weeks from each other you can't really pick and choose. DC United dictates the Monday nighter too (hosts NE 3/25), we remember from three years ago how popular the Defenders were with them.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Game thread: Houston Roughnecks @ Seattle Sea Dragons, Thursday, March 16 10:30PM ET, ESPN, ESPN+

Post by GregParks »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:26 pm
GregParks wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:14 pm I certainly don't hate the idea of non-weekend games, but Seattle getting two Thursday nighters and a Friday night game seems odd, especially the two Thursday night games being 40% of the team's total home game allotment for the season.
The Dragons are explained by the Sounders: ever since they had that back-to-back with the Hawks in 2019 they've been totally insistent on at least a day in between, and since the two schedules came out about two weeks from each other you can't really pick and choose. DC United dictates the Monday nighter too (hosts NE 3/25), we remember from three years ago how popular the Defenders were with them.
And one of the things I hope can happen heading into year two is the schedules being put together a little further in advance so you don't have these odd scheduling quirks (which in turn, will allow them to sell tickets a lot sooner and in general get on a more reasonable offseason timetable leading into kickoff).
@gregmparks