Week 4 TV ratings

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Week 4 TV ratings

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:54 pm
4th&long wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:47 pm
GregParks wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:26 am Also worth noting is the increased viewership from the primetime Sunday night game on ESPN2 in week three versus the primetime Sunday night game in week four: 543,000 in week three versus 691,000 week four.
It was a low week
So? Is what I said incorrect? I know you have to infuse your negativity into everything you post in this forum, but I thought this was worth pointing out because viewership has tended to fall week-to-week, it was interesting that in a comparisoon of similar days and timeslots on the same station, this particular game was up pretty significantly.
I'm pointing out that not all FX shows were listed in MM's list. And I like MM.

What negativity? is anything I said incorrect? I've also posted that wk 5 should bottom out before increasing as they show more in bigger networks. If better than wk 4 then so much the better, they had 503k avg viewers last week - fact. It likely drops in week 4 and picks up starting week 6 with 2 ABC games, week 7 so-so and week 8-10 will be better but not sure if very good or just not bad.

BTW I've watched parts or all of every game.

you want to hear negativity go on twitter, that's real interesting.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

GregParks wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:02 pm At least I only included the first four words of his response in my post and not his whole diatribe. You're welcome :)
LOL, thank you!
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

Ratings discussions make me weary. We don’t know streaming ratings. We don’t know what advertisers are expecting. I just hope the numbers mean we can watch a 2024 season.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

4th&long wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:26 pm
GregParks wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:54 pm
4th&long wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:47 pm

It was a low week
So? Is what I said incorrect? I know you have to infuse your negativity into everything you post in this forum, but I thought this was worth pointing out because viewership has tended to fall week-to-week, it was interesting that in a comparisoon of similar days and timeslots on the same station, this particular game was up pretty significantly.
I'm pointing out that not all FX shows were listed in MM's list. And I like MM.

What negativity? is anything I said incorrect?
The part of your response about the week's numbers being low and FX numbers being low (already established) had nothing to do with my post comparing ESPN2 week three to week four numbers is my point. That's the post you were quoting in your response, after all.

Look, most of us here are XFL fans who want the league to succeed. And most of us I think are quite honest about the challenges the league faces, inherently and brought on by decisions leadership has made in rebuilding things from the ground-up. I have no problem with intellectually honest discussions about the pros and cons of those decisions. It's the constant negativity in each and every post by some that is quite frankly exhausting and makes it less fun to follow the league and interact with others on here. So I'm taking Tank55's advice that is probably long overdue.
@gregmparks