MVP

Re: XFL players file w/NLRB to form players union

Post by 4th&long »

Oh boy, here we go...
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:29 am Oh boy, here we go...
Yes we know how stridently anti-union you are, and then you complained about the NFLPA's terrible representation of their membership.

But let me guess one of those "BuT bOtH tHiNgS cAn Be TrUe" bass-ackes right?
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 am
Yes we know how stridently anti-union you are, and then you complained about the NFLPA's terrible representation of their membership.

There's little need for a start up league to have a union yep with std contracts for 95% of players.

The NFLPA does more for ownership than players. All the money is filtered to vets while the vast majority of league 1-4 years players get way under paid in comparison. eg Daniel Jones $40mm yr; Arrogant Rogers $59mm 2023, Let's ride Russell Wilson $48mm
Compare that to rookie contracts and its wayyyyy off. (mic drop) :ugeek:
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:11 am
MGB01 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:04 am

There's little need for a start up league to have a union yep with std contracts for 95% of players.

The NFLPA does more for ownership than players. All the money is filtered to vets while the vast majority of league 1-4 years players get way under paid in comparison. eg Daniel Jones $40mm yr; Arrogant Rogers $59mm 2023, Let's ride Russell Wilson $48mm
Compare that to rookie contracts and its wayyyyy off. (mic drop) :ugeek:
So you're once again taking both sides of the same argument. You're accusing the NFLPA of ignoring guys on rookie deals--there's no reason for Jalen Carter (especially now), Will Anderson, Bryce Young, or C.J. Stroud to be paid like six-year vets when they haven't taken one snap in the league, and yet first round contracts are guaranteed for the most part. Some oppressive system..................................
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

one of the owners of the XFL, The Rock is a member of the Screen Actors Guild and the Producers Guild as well, so he most likely supports the players unionizing.
He Hate Me
Receiver

Post by He Hate Me »

Good for the players. Bottom line is the only way to get fair treatment will be through a players association or a union. I don't think having a union will damage the XFL. It will only make the league stronger.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Gee. They drafted UFPA founder Kenneth Farrow and now all of a sudden there's a petition to unionize. It's as if Farrow purposely infiltrated the XFL to get the unions involved.

Wasn't one of the selling points of this league NO UNIONS?
He Hate Me
Receiver

Post by He Hate Me »

Farrow did found the UFPA for all the right reasons. Keep in mind he was in the AAF when it folded and all their players were evicted from their accommodations and forced to find their way home. That was one of the big motivators behind the UFPA.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:55 pm Wasn't one of the selling points of this league NO UNIONS?
No?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion