Guardians release QB Quinten Dormady

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Guardians release QB Quinten Dormady

Post by MGB01 »

Drew Lock's going to be available next week, I'm thinking more about Vegas.

Lynch, Lock, Hundley. It's like an all-preseason/backup Seahawk QBs of the last five years parade (how about the Stallions loan Alex McGough for a week?)
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

It's Quinton Flowers:

@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:11 pm It's Quinton Flowers:

Not a great signing but its late in the game. He should have played in TSL 2020-21 but didn't - FCF meh. he's fortunate XFL picked him up.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Orlando has gotten a lot of flak for how they've built their team - and their 0-3 record bears out that the criticism is not unfounded - yet they go and mine the FCF yet again for what could be a key position moving forward. I don't get it.
@gregmparks
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GregParks wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:28 pm Orlando has gotten a lot of flak for how they've built their team - and their 0-3 record bears out that the criticism is not unfounded - yet they go and mine the FCF yet again for what could be a key position moving forward. I don't get it.
It's a third string quarterback who can potentially play running back as well. As a depth move, it's not terrible.

I wouldn't want him as starter but he's useful.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

There are names out there like Carson Strong, Khalil Tate, Brian Lewerke, Mitch Kidd (who they should have brought back), Anthony Gordon, Roland Rivers, Brandon Peters and Clayton Thorson. So what is the reason none of these guys are not in the XFL? I would have thought that Strong would have been of interest to the XFL after the Cardinals released him. Tate and Strong were one of several QB's who never signed with the XFL following the Jordan Palmer minicamps. One of them, Aqeel Glass signed with the USFL.

So why haven't any of those guys signed with the XFL? Does the XFL know something about any of these guys that we don't? Now some could be on the USFL radar, like Rivers, but the USFL is almost full at QB with a few spots left.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:15 pm There are names out there like Carson Strong, Khalil Tate, Brian Lewerke, Mitch Kidd (who they should have brought back), Anthony Gordon, Roland Rivers, Brandon Peters and Clayton Thorson. So what is the reason none of these guys are not in the XFL? I would have thought that Strong would have been of interest to the XFL after the Cardinals released him. Tate and Strong were one of several QB's who never signed with the XFL following the Jordan Palmer minicamps. One of them, Aqeel Glass signed with the USFL.

So why haven't any of those guys signed with the XFL? Does the XFL know something about any of these guys that we don't? Now some could be on the USFL radar, like Rivers, but the USFL is almost full at QB with a few spots left.
Maybe they said no, as Kurt Benkert did.

I mean, there's also FCF in May, so that will offer a few, slightly lower-profile opportunities as well.
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

4th&long wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:02 pm
GregParks wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:11 pm It's Quinton Flowers:

Not a great signing but its late in the game. He should have played in TSL 2020-21 but didn't - FCF meh. he's fortunate XFL picked him up.
Vipers fan favorite in 2020, the best FCF QB by a mile in 2021. Upgrade over everyone in that locker room and cheaper too.
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:36 pm Drew Lock's going to be available next week, I'm thinking more about Vegas.

Lynch, Lock, Hundley. It's like an all-preseason/backup Seahawk QBs of the last five years parade (how about the Stallions loan Alex McGough for a week?)
Drew Lock is going to be on NFL’s practice squads for the next ten years, he’s not playing in the XFL
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:27 am
MGB01 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:36 pm Drew Lock's going to be available next week, I'm thinking more about Vegas.

Drew Lock is going to be on NFL’s practice squads for the next ten years, he’s not playing in the XFL
Lock will be a #2 for a decade. The NFL always has a group of mediocre #2 QBs every year and Lock fits that.