MVP

Re: XFL to have specials on ABC, ESPN+ before first week games

Post by 4th&long »

Like a United by FB but just week 1 looks like
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I wouldn't be surprised if XFL Today is a weekly feature on ESPN+.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I could see the ESPN personalities being Laura Rutledge, Sam Acho and Harry Douglas. Acho and Douglas were announced as part of the ESPN crew covering the XFL and both are regulars on NFL Live and Get Up.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:09 am Like a United by FB but just week 1 looks like
No, it's not like that at all. Probably just the same overproduction and hype videos we've already seen from Garcia and Johnson.

Which might still be preferable to reality show drivel like United by Football. Are they still arguing about pizza?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:18 pm
4th&long wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:09 am Like a United by FB but just week 1 looks like
No, it's not like that at all. Probably just the same overproduction and hype videos we've already seen from Garcia and Johnson.

Which might still be preferable to reality show drivel like United by Football. Are they still arguing about pizza?
One of those they actually did make semi-game-centric, I forget what week it was (I brought it up in that week's thread though, not that I'm gonna go back and look)
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:18 pm

I didn't watch UbyFB maybe some on rain relays. To me its more or less the same. I don't like NFL HardKnocks either. Rather see a 30 pregame or some such show.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Sounds like this is going to be the one that airs on ABC before the first game on Saturday. So it'll air originally on Thursday, to be repeated on Saturday afternoon.
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

The show that airs on Thursday will be part 1 of a nine-part series, directed by Peter Berg. Sounds like they will air weekly on ESPN2, then be immediately available for streaming on ESPN+. For all the hand-wringing about the lack of promotion and/or commitment that ESPN has shown to the XFL, they're giving the league a bigger platform and more time outside of games than either other version of the XFL received from its TV partners.

https://www.xfl.com/xfl-latest-news/xfl ... docuseries
@gregmparks
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

This sounds really interesting and I can't wait. It will cover the whole building up of the league from back to the ground up. I will really whet the appetite for the game that follows. But people have to know when it's on so they can check it out. A promo or two during ABC's primetime wouldn't hurt