Battlehawks cut Ryan Willis and Kendrick Rodgers

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

Battlehawks cut Ryan Willis and Kendrick Rodgers

Post by herns »

as a battlehawks fan I didn’t trust Becht and now I’m questioning him even more. I’m extremely dissapointed
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Battlehawks cut Ryan Willis and Kendrick Rodgers

Post by GregParks »

Kendrick Rodgers was cut by the Brahmas, not the Battlehawks.

XFL News Hub is reporting Willis requested his release when he lost the starting job to McCarron. With the idea that all teams will carry three QBs, will be interesting to see who St. Louis adds as their third, especially when that player knows they're coming in as the third QB.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:00 pm Kendrick Rodgers was cut by the Brahmas, not the Battlehawks.

XFL News Hub is reporting Willis requested his release when he lost the starting job to McCarron. With the idea that all teams will carry three QBs, will be interesting to see who St. Louis adds as their third, especially when that player knows they're coming in as the third QB.
Probably a developmental type. The first name that came off the top of my head is Khalil Tate.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:00 pm Kendrick Rodgers was cut by the Brahmas, not the Battlehawks.

Damn! Called it! I posted Scott would not be the last to want to be released when not getting the starting job.

He is good! I hope USFL picks him up as starter.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:16 pm

Damn! Called it! I posted Scott would not be the last to want to be released when not getting the starting job.

Showboats, Stars, Panthers and Gamblers could use him. I am most curious at how the USFL is going to fill their QB rooms and who they do it with.

he does have ties to DeFilippo, the Breakers coach.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:19 pm
4th&long wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:16 pm

Showboats, Stars, Panthers and Gamblers could use him. I am most curious at how the USFL is going to fill their QB rooms and who they do it with.
Who is next!

Its beginning to look like XFL is paying a little more for QBs, but not enough more to be on the bench for some. So despite be legally under contract the XFL released 2 higher profile TSL/USFL/NFL-PS type QBs.

I was just thinking how St Louis had what could be the best QB in Willis. WOW. USFL needs to move fast. Perhaps they were waiting for the shoe to drop. Amazing development.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

It's interesting that both Bryan Scott and Ryan Willis lost their starting jobs to two QBs who flamed out in the NFL.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:30 pm It's interesting that both Bryan Scott and Ryan Willis lost their starting jobs to two QBs who flamed out in the NFL.
Yes, and also could be two of the highest paid.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Ah my bad, I still was wanting Willis to start that’s more why I’m disappointed
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »