Roster cutdown to 51 by Feb 10th

XFL Football discussion.
Joker
Quarterback

Roster cutdown to 51 by Feb 10th

Post by Joker »

Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Roster cutdown to 51 by Feb 10th

Post by 4th&long »

Joker wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:44 am
Good catch - its official at 51 as was rumored.

That's alot of players looking for a home come 2/10.

The XFL big camp size helps both leagues available players lists.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I like that they're keeping an extra spot for a third QB. We've seen too many times how quickly alternative football league QBs drop, whether by injury or performance, so it's nice to have an extra to prevent the need to sign a QB off the street and get the up-to-speed quickly. It also keeps potential QBs away from the competition by having them keep more than they otherwise would.

I also like the number better than the 55 that was being considered per Mike Mitchell's latest article.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:41 pm I like that they're keeping an extra spot for a third QB. We've seen too many times how quickly alternative football league QBs drop, whether by injury or performance, so it's nice to have an extra to prevent the need to sign a QB off the street and get the up-to-speed quickly. It also keeps potential QBs away from the competition by having them keep more than they otherwise would.

I also like the number better than the 55 that was being considered per Mike Mitchell's latest article.
They also don't want to end up in the same predicament the 49ers ended up in the NFC Championship.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:51 pm
GregParks wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:41 pm I like that they're keeping an extra spot for a third QB. We've seen too many times how quickly alternative football league QBs drop, whether by injury or performance, so it's nice to have an extra to prevent the need to sign a QB off the street and get the up-to-speed quickly. It also keeps potential QBs away from the competition by having them keep more than they otherwise would.

They also don't want to end up in the same predicament the 49ers ended up in the NFC Championship.
The 49ers choose to not have a 3rd (5th) string QB, they also choose not to get a Lance back fill until Dec. Shamahan biggest playoff screw-choke job yet and he's got a long list going.