XFL QB salaries

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: XFL QB salaries

Post by GregParks »

You made the point that there are an abundance of players available, quality players I'll add, and that's why I'm more confident now than I was maybe when the USFL started up, that the two can succeed separately. Not only are there enough players, but the seasons don't overlap in such a way that it's going to severely hamper either league in getting a foot-hold with fans. They both have big-money backers in Fox and RedBird who CAN spend if they choose to (and that's always going to be the ultimate decider, even if the two merge - will ownership want to spend what it takes for these leagues to succeed). I don't think a merger is necessarily inevitable or even needed at this point.
@gregmparks
herns
Head Coach

Re: XFL QB salaries

Post by herns »

GregParks wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:25 am You made the point that there are an abundance of players available, quality players I'll add, and that's why I'm more confident now than I was maybe when the USFL started up, that the two can succeed separately. Not only are there enough players, but the seasons don't overlap in such a way that it's going to severely hamper either league in getting a foot-hold with fans. They both have big-money backers in Fox and RedBird who CAN spend if they choose to (and that's always going to be the ultimate decider, even if the two merge - will ownership want to spend what it takes for these leagues to succeed). I don't think a merger is necessarily inevitable or even needed at this point.
I think something that’ll help coexistence as well is XFL seems to want veteran qbs and USFL is going after younger qbs. Having each leagues going after a different group of players is something that will certainly help each keep quality higher for both imo