XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Vipers part ways with Bryan Scott, set to sign Brett Hundley

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:24 am Both of these things can be true:

1. The Vipers have been pursuing Brett Hundley for some time; and
2. Bryan Scott was not performing well in camp

These are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
Sure GP- but are you saying you disagree with MM? MM is saying he left because Hundley is in and will start and Scott wanted to be a starter (and was probably signed with that expectation or at least compete with LPerez). Which alot of these players want. Is MM wrong?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:14 am

Sure GP- but are you saying you disagree with MM? MM is saying he left because Hundley is in and will start and Scott wanted to be a starter (and was probably signed with that expectation or at least compete with LPerez). Which alot of these players want. Is MM wrong?
I think he’s saying both maybe correct. Scott may have under performed in camp and hundley is taking his spot on the roster as he may have been someone they’ve wanted for awhile as well.
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

When MM posted about the rights fee from ESPN you were skeptical, but now you're taking MM word as gospel. Seems only when it's something negative XFL related are you "all in."
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:43 am

When MM posted about the rights fee from ESPN you were skeptical, but now you're taking MM word as gospel. Seems only when it's something negative XFL related are you "all in."
Mike said some money upfront but mostly split ad after prod cost, that's been rumored by many, and yes I agree with that. Not a large upfront $, he never said that.

One young guy on USNewsroom (scratch that I think I conflated XFLAnalyst with Larsen) says B Scott manipulated media (he's basically calling out MM as that person) and everyone throwing him under the bus? Why? Like XFL won't d##k over someone for a better player? Come on.
Clear contradiction of MM tweet. I'll go with seasoned MM over J Larsen who says anyone is manipulating media and doesn't get questioned on it.
Larsen:
Last edited by 4th&long on Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

He said both could be true, and yet you're still accusing him of saying Mike is wrong. You're completely outdoing yourself to the point where I have to wonder if youngorst is still here.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:06 pm

He said both could be true, and yet you're still accusing him of saying Mike is wrong. You're completely outdoing yourself to the point where I have to wonder if youngorst is still here.
Because #2 is not what Mike said about why Scott wanted out and was mutually agreed to go.

He went to XFL to start. Because Mike said he left to be a Starter, mutually agreed. Not from underperforming. Was he losing out to Perez - maybe. But Hundley made that a moot point. Once Hundley got signed it didn't matter - he was signed as starter. Mike also said they XFL- wanted 3 QB on roster multiple times. So why not keep Scott? He wanted out to start.

not that this is set in stone but he was ranked #2 QB by USFLNEWSHUB on 1/25.

https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/a-way-t ... 1e16100f5d
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

FWIW, Mike has admitted to me there are conflicting stories about what happened with Scott - which are the two sides we've heard. Obviously Scott got his side out first, which is why the majority of reporting early on was that there was a mutual split. Then sometime after that was made public, other sources offered a differing view.
@gregmparks
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

This is such a waste of time. Either side's version of the story could be 100% true and it wouldn't matter at all.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:47 pm FWIW, Mike has admitted to me there are conflicting stories about what happened with Scott - which are the two sides we've heard. Obviously Scott got his side out first, which is why the majority of reporting early on was that there was a mutual split. Then sometime after that was made public, other sources offered a differing view.
MM post was clear that Scott wanted out if not starting. If he lost out to Perez, I can see that, but that's weeks away and getting beat out is not "underperforming". Hundley hire triggered Scott wanting out.

The point is he was likely promised a 1-1 competition to start and then Hundley got signed (whether they were working with him for months behind scene) - buyers remorse based after being told X and more may come - that was my point.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:48 pm
GregParks wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:47 pm FWIW, Mike has admitted to me there are conflicting stories about what happened with Scott - which are the two sides we've heard. Obviously Scott got his side out first, which is why the majority of reporting early on was that there was a mutual split. Then sometime after that was made public, other sources offered a differing view.
MM post was clear that Scott wanted out if not starting. If he lost out to Perez, I can see that, but that's weeks away and getting beat out is not "underperforming". Hundley hire triggered Scott wanting out.

The point is he was likely promised a 1-1 competition to start and then Hundley got signed (whether they were working with him for months behind scene) - buyers remorse based after being told X and more may come - that was my point.
You realize you're tying together two different timeframes (albeit we're talking mere hours apart) as one?

So, since you like circling back, why is it OK for one to be "guaranteed" and not the other?