Vipers part ways with Bryan Scott, set to sign Brett Hundley

XFL Football discussion.
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: Vipers part ways with Bryan Scott, set to sign Brett Hundley

Post by laxtreme56 »

Maybe Scott just wasn't cutting the mustard in Vegas. There's no Tom Brady's in this league and nobody's job is secure. I'm sure he'll find a team to latch onto.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

laxtreme56 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:38 pm Maybe Scott just wasn't cutting the mustard in Vegas. There's no Tom Brady's in this league and nobody's job is secure. I'm sure he'll find a team to latch onto.
He'll probably be back in the USFL.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Update on the Bryan Scott story

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:54 pm

XFL Analyst has deleted the Bryan Scott tweet and then posted an apology for misinformation and apparently he was give bad information from Bryan Scott. Never a dull moment in spring football

Oh the drama...

Or maybe XFL is trying to CYA itself. they won't admit they promised something and now say its performance. Of course it comes out after the Hundley news .... :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think GDAWG is correct, he heads back to the USFL
Last edited by 4th&long on Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
herns
Head Coach

Re: Update on the Bryan Scott story

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:24 pm
herns wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:54 pm

XFL Analyst has deleted the Bryan Scott tweet and then posted an apology for misinformation and apparently he was give bad information from Bryan Scott. Never a dull moment in spring football

Or maybe XFL is trying to CYA itself. they won't admit they promised something and now say its performance. Of course it comes out after the Hundley news .... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Idk, it seems Scott may not have lived up to expectations. The fact no one wanted him is odd unless he really struggled
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

partial problem is having to rely on rumors for player transactions. When the XFL posts something they often get it wrong. Can we trust the roster lists on XFL.com? not sure.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

MGB01, dead on accurate comparison with the transfer portal. I loved it!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Joker wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:32 pm partial problem is having to rely on rumors for player transactions. When the XFL posts something they often get it wrong. Can we trust the roster lists on XFL.com? not sure.
Interesting and MM the only insider we really have has this:

>> Mike Mitchell
@ByMikeMitchell
Replying to
@JeromeJ63361867

@ByAnthonyMiller
and
@XFLVipers
The Vipers have had interest in Brett Hundley as their starting quarterback for quite some time. Hundley is signing on with the agreement that he will start. Scott knows that. That’s why he and the Vipers have agreed mutually to part ways.
11:05 AM · Jan 30, 2023<<

Looks like a CF ala NFLAA handling...
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

You know you're just frequently repeating the same lines right?
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

It's pretty well-known that Scott has cozied up to a lot of XFL/USFL reporters via Twitter DMs and the like; it's unfortuante he seems to have leveraged those relationships in this instance to get false information out to make himself look better.
@gregmparks
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

Mitchell was just responding to the earlier post by xflanalyst that said "The Vipers are bringing in NFL Veteran Brett Hundley to be their starting Quarterback." Everybody read it on xflanalyst' feed first.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.