Vipers part ways with Bryan Scott, set to sign Brett Hundley

XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Vipers part ways with Bryan Scott, set to sign Brett Hundley

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:37 am There are only 16 starting QB spots across the XFL and USFL. I guarantee you there are more than 16 QBs involved in these leagues who believe they should start. Some will have to accept backup roles to begin the seasons, that's just the reality of the business.
NOT if they recruited them using the "you'll bestarting QB" tag. Sure the league can do it but you are going to see many unhappy QB's. Notice how B Scott did NOT go on 'The_Markcast" and then he gets released? Good chance he'd go on twitter and says - was told I was starter or was told I'd compete vs L Perez - but now I find out Hundley was targeted all along. That's what "mutually" parted ways usually means - I'm just curious if we see any more.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:47 am
GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:37 am There are only 16 starting QB spots across the XFL and USFL. I guarantee you there are more than 16 QBs involved in these leagues who believe they should start. Some will have to accept backup roles to begin the seasons, that's just the reality of the business.
NOT if they recruited them using the "you'll bestarting QB" tag. Sure the league can do it but you are going to see many unhappy QB's. Notice how B Scott did NOT go on 'The_Markcast" and then he gets released? Good chance he'd go on twitter and says - was told I was starter or was told I'd compete vs L Perez - but now I find out Hundley was targeted all along. That's what "mutually" parted ways usually means - I'm just curious if we see any more.
That's a pretty big if, I'm sure these school-hopping QBs in the transfer portal all think the same.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:45 am
4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:28 am We'll I called that too. Same in Stl. There's going to be alot of disappointed QBs

It never made sense to have two premier spring QBs on same roster/league, they want to play to get to NFL.

Could he sign with Stars? Go back Scott!

Now we know why he skipped out on The_Markcast with Reid. Or is he having doubts on XFL itself? Insiders anything?
James Larsen says he’s weighing options with both leagues. I could see him going to Orlando or the Houston gamblers
he could also go back to the Stars, who only have one QB right now.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:04 pm
4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:28 am We'll I called that too. Same in Stl. There's going to be alot of disappointed QBs

It never made sense to have two premier spring QBs on same roster/league, they want to play to get to NFL.

Could he sign with Stars? Go back Scott!

Now we know why he skipped out on The_Markcast with Reid. Or is he having doubts on XFL itself? Insiders anything?
James Larsen says he’s weighing options with both leagues. I could see him going to Orlando or the Houston gamblers
Let Stars sign Cookus and Panthers get Scott
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Hundley might not be the only QB who was just on an NFL practice squad to sign with the XFL or USFL that did not sign a futures contract. Obviously there's Case Cookus, but he's likely headed back to the Stars. Davis Webb is rumored to be pursuing a coaching career instead of playing again. Same maybe the case for Ryan Griffin.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

I’m still guessing we see Scott with an xfl team, Houston and Orlando could use another qb. One thing this move is showing is how different xfl 2023 is going about the qb position compared to past leagues. This league is going heavy into guys who have been nfl backups and that is going to make it fun to watch play out because it’s a new style of qb we’re going to see since I don’t think we’ve seen a league lean this heavily into nfl backups before because Vegas just got rid of a guy a lot of people were picking for mvp
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:08 pm
GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:04 pm

Let Stars sign Cookus and Panthers get Scott
Personally I think Scott and Kevin Sumlin would be a fun pairing
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:04 pm he could also go back to the Stars, who only have one QB right now.
I was going to ask, do the Stars not want him back? Or does he not like the staff? Why is he looking for a new job at all?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Tank55 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:56 pm
GDAWG wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:04 pm he could also go back to the Stars, who only have one QB right now.
I was going to ask, do the Stars not want him back? Or does he not like the staff? Why is he looking for a new job at all?
I think he was looking for somewhere to start as at the time, Case Cookus had not signed with the Rams.
herns
Head Coach

Update on the Bryan Scott story

Post by herns »

XFL Analyst has deleted the Bryan Scott tweet and then posted an apology for misinformation and apparently he was give bad information from Bryan Scott. Never a dull moment in spring football