Vipers part ways with Bryan Scott, set to sign Brett Hundley

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Vipers part ways with Bryan Scott, set to sign Brett Hundley

Post by GregParks »

So...reading between the lines, it sounds like Scott wasn't going to start for Vegas, but the team also wasn't ready to roll with Luis Perez as starter, either. Wonder if they shopped Scott to other teams first for a potential trade.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Re: Vipers part ways with Bryan Scott, set to sign Brett Hundley

Post by 4th&long »

We'll I called that too. Same in Stl. There's going to be alot of disappointed QBs

It never made sense to have two premier spring QBs on same roster/league, they want to play to get to NFL.

Could he sign with Stars? Go back Scott!

Now we know why he skipped out on The_Markcast with Reid. Or is he having doubts on XFL itself? Insiders anything?
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:28 am We'll I called that too. Same in Stl. There's going to be alot of disappointed QBs

It never made sense to have two premier spring QBs on same roster/league, they want to play to get to NFL.

Now we know why he skipped out on The_Markcast with Reid. Or is he having doubts on XFL itself? Insiders anything?
James Larsen says he’s weighing options with both leagues. I could see him going to Orlando or the Houston gamblers
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:45 am
4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:28 am We'll I called that too. Same in Stl. There's going to be alot of disappointed QBs

James Larsen says he’s weighing options with both leagues. I could see him going to Orlando or the Houston gamblers
But did the XFL release him from his contract or Vegas? If he was waying his options with XFL team why not just transfer/trade to another XFL team like GP said in initial post? Did the XFL release him from his contract?

Did he want out of the XFL or Vegas is the root question...
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:56 am

But did the XFL release him from his contract or Vegas? If he was waying his options with XFL team why not just transfer/trade to another XFL team like GP said in initial post? Did the XFL release him from his contract?

From what I’ve seen it seems like he’s a full FA, probably wanted all options open so he could go wherever he saw as being the best option to start
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:58 am
4th&long wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:56 am

From what I’ve seen it seems like he’s a full FA, probably wanted all options open so he could go wherever he saw as being the best option to start
Hmm sounds like USFL bound.

Luis Perez may think about it too with Hundley getting the start.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

One thing to keep in mind is how much turnover there is at the QB position in these alt leagues during the season. I'm not sure how often it happened in the USFL, but look at XFL 2020 - New York, Seattle, DC, and Tampa Bay all changed QBs or were in the process of changing starting QBs and we were only at the halfway point of the season. With OL play a question, injuries to starters are going to happen. So while I'm all for QBs exploring their options elsewhere if they think they can nab a starting job, being a backup doesn't necessarily mean you won't see the field.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:20 am One thing to keep in mind is how much turnover there is at the QB position in these alt leagues during the season. I'm not sure how often it happened in the USFL, but look at XFL 2020 - New York, Seattle, DC, and Tampa Bay all changed QBs or were in the process of changing starting QBs and we were only at the halfway point of the season. With OL play a question, injuries to starters are going to happen. So while I'm all for QBs exploring their options elsewhere if they think they can nab a starting job, being a backup doesn't necessarily mean you won't see the field.
Perhaps but starters want to start. $$$ may mitigate being on the bench but you can't buy time or play time.
Last edited by 4th&long on Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

There are only 16 starting QB spots across the XFL and USFL. I guarantee you there are more than 16 QBs involved in these leagues who believe they should start. Some will have to accept backup roles to begin the seasons, that's just the reality of the business.
@gregmparks