Orlando Guardians sign paxton lynch

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

Orlando Guardians sign paxton lynch

Post by herns »

He’s got the biggest potential in all of alt football and the lowest floor, I like the addition as I think he’s qb1 in orlando
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Orlando Guardians sign paxton lynch

Post by GregParks »

If you listened to his appearance on the most recent episode of The Markcast, Guardians QB Coach Shane Matthews didn't sound overly pleased about his team's QB play to that point (though to be fair, he didn't sound overly pleased about much of anything), so I think it's good that the team is adding an experienced arm to the most inexperienced QB room in the league.
@gregmparks
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GregParks wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:50 pm If you listened to his appearance on the most recent episode of The Markcast, Guardians QB Coach Shane Matthews didn't sound overly pleased about his team's QB play to that point (though to be fair, he didn't sound overly pleased about much of anything), so I think it's good that the team is adding an experienced arm to the most inexperienced QB room in the league.
That interview didn’t instill much confidence in Orlando for me. I think lynch is a solid addition to the room, he’s a very high risk high reward qb though You may have an mvp or he’ll be unplayably bad but I think he is going to be qb1
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Now San Antonio has the least experienced QB room in the XFL.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:54 pm
GregParks wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:50 pm If you listened to his appearance on the most recent episode of The Markcast, Guardians QB Coach Shane Matthews didn't sound overly pleased about his team's QB play to that point (though to be fair, he didn't sound overly pleased about much of anything), so I think it's good that the team is adding an experienced arm to the most inexperienced QB room in the league.
That interview didn’t instill much confidence in Orlando for me. I think lynch is a solid addition to the room, he’s a very high risk high reward qb though You may have an mvp or he’ll be unplayably bad but I think he is going to be qb1
We'll have to see what he can do in XFL. Maybe he didn't like Fisher or how he was treated OR its way more $$$$$.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:48 pm
herns wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:54 pm
We'll have to see what he can do in XFL. Maybe he didn't like Fisher or how he was treated OR its way more $$$$$.
Idk if him being off the panthers was necessarily his choice or not, he’s been off the roster for a few months now. Regardless with the right system and coach he could end up being very good
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

herns wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:16 pm He’s got the biggest potential in all of alt football and the lowest floor, I like the addition as I think he’s qb1 in orlando
Ugh.

I see this guy as the equivalent of Christian Hackenberg. Big potential, high draft pick, flops out of the NFL, alt-leagues sign him as the next big thing... flops out of that.

Except Hackenberg only flopped out of one league, the AAF, managing to fall behind Manziel, Mettenberger and Brandon flipping Silvers.

Lynch has flopped out of the NFL AND the USFL. But hey, maybe Jordan Palmer can work a miracle or two.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

Dude couldn't bust a grape in the CFL. This is his last chance at pro football than it is off to Fortnite for him