Dany Garcia Sends a Message

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Re: Dany Garcia Sends a Message

Post by Tank55 »

GDAWG wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:04 pmthere's also be a rash of sales of EPL teams lately or considering a sale. Granted, Chelsea was sold because it's previous owner was Russian, but still, it's been sold.
I didn't say that there wasn't a market for the clubs. There obviously will be. I'm saying that FSG, like RBC, approach sports ownership from a similar investment-oriented perspective. So if they're shopping Liverpool, that speaks to at least their opinion of the potential for continued growth of similar properties.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Dany Garcia Sends a Message

Post by GDAWG »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:13 pm
GDAWG wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:04 pmthere's also be a rash of sales of EPL teams lately or considering a sale. Granted, Chelsea was sold because it's previous owner was Russian, but still, it's been sold.
I didn't say that there wasn't a market for the clubs. There obviously will be. I'm saying that FSG, like RBC, approach sports ownership from a similar investment-oriented perspective. So if they're shopping Liverpool, that speaks to at least their opinion of the potential for continued growth of similar properties.
of course. All I have been saying is that RBC acquired AC Milan, who is a global brand. David makes it sound like it's a nothing addition to RBC. It's not a nothing addition. AC Milan is a known global brand and one of three Italian teams that are alongside Juventus and cross town rivals Inter Milan. Serie A is one of the premiere leagues in Europe, one of the big 4 as a matter of fact alongside Spain's La Liga, the EPL and the Bundesliga. AC Milan is not a nothing addition for RBC. It's a fairly big acquisition for them because of AC Milan's history and it's current status in global sports.