Quarterback

Dany Garcia Sends a Message

Post by FootballYoda »

Danny Garcia talks about a 3-5 year plan

MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: Dany Garcia Sends a Message

Post by MarkNelson »

It’s nice to hear Dany talking about a long game. I hope it works out.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
FootballYoda
Quarterback

Post by FootballYoda »

MarkNelson wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:13 pm It’s nice to hear Dany talking about a long game. I hope it works out.
She’s about business right? Got to setup the scenario where the XFL loses money and how they’re going forward. Makes me a little nervous if they find out the revenue just doesn’t exist. Business decisions have killed previous leagues.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

FootballYoda wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:08 am She’s about business right? Got to setup the scenario where the XFL loses money and how they’re going forward. Makes me a little nervous if they find out the revenue just doesn’t exist. Business decisions have killed previous leagues.
XFL is going to lose money this season. The big questions are whether it will be an acceptable loss, and whether there seems to be potential to capitalize in season two,
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

MarkNelson wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:45 pm
FootballYoda wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:08 am She’s about business right? Got to setup the scenario where the XFL loses money and how they’re going forward. Makes me a little nervous if they find out the revenue just doesn’t exist. Business decisions have killed previous leagues.
XFL is going to lose money this season. The big questions are whether it will be an acceptable loss, and whether there seems to be potential to capitalize in season two,
If Red Bird losses too much than they hoped, "talks" with the CFL resumes to save their investment. This time it's acquisition instead of a merger
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

DavedaHammer wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:21 am
If Red Bird losses too much than they hoped, "talks" with the CFL resumes to save their investment. This time it's acquisition instead of a merger
Not unless Red Bird wants to own an NFL team. If that happens, Red Bird won't pursue CFL at all. Because of their involvement with the XFL, they were not able to be in the running for the Denver Broncos and are not with the Washington Commanders. If the XFL doesn't last, they might want to pursue the Seattle Seahawks in a few years. Or even the New Orleans Saints.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:13 am

Not unless Red Bird wants to own an NFL team. If that happens, Red Bird won't pursue CFL at all. Because of their involvement with the XFL, they were not able to be in the running for the Denver Broncos and are not with the Washington Commanders. If the XFL doesn't last, they might want to pursue the Seattle Seahawks in a few years. Or even the New Orleans Saints.
Red Bird looks for cheap acquisitions. That is how they make their money. The price for owning a NFL team is going to hit 8 billion dollars either in an expansion fee or the next sale of a current NFL team, cash up front with no debt. Single person ownership, no corporate ownership. Last I looked Red Bird is a corporate entity. That rules them out. The NFL won't allow the Rock to front a team
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

DavedaHammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:57 am

Red Bird looks for cheap acquisitions. That is how they make their money. The price for owning a NFL team is going to hit 8 billion dollars either in an expansion fee or the next sale of a current NFL team, cash up front with no debt. Single person ownership, no corporate ownership. Last I looked Red Bird is a corporate entity. That rules them out. The NFL won't allow the Rock to front a team
AC Milan was a cheap acquisition?
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

DavedaHammer wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:57 am

They bought AC Milan for $1.3 billion, which is a lot for an elite European team. AC Milan is not a cheap acquisition.
Rmbay
Running Back

Post by Rmbay »

I don't think it's unreasonable that they could be facing 3 years of losses, and they've probably accounted for that.