XFL expansion

XFL Football discussion.
Tank55
MVP

Re: XFL expansion

Post by Tank55 »

Right now Houston should be focusing on supporting one.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:21 pm Right now Houston should be focusing on supporting one.
Sure. We'll see what the attendance for the Roughnecks will be moving forward, especially if they keep on winning. Also, there's actual optimism for the Houston Texans now.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:05 pm
GDAWG wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:24 pm Quite a few of them in the MLS:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer
When you narrow it to soccer specific stadium + NFL city + inside the city's core, the list is a lot shorter. FC Cincinnati and LAFC, maybe?

But I do think more broadly, there's a lot of room to run here. There's an entire fleet of perfectly sized XFL stadiums being built for MLS teams across the country.
If not for the weather, Cincinnati would make a great XFL market. In addition to the MLS stadium, there's also Nippert Stadium, which the Bearcats football team uses. Plus, there's no NBA nor NHL team there, so the market is essentially all to themselves.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:09 pm My prediction is that when the USFL gets to their own markets, I can see the Gamblers moving to Austin and trying to see if they can play at the MLS Stadium there.
I don't think the USFL is going to try for Texas as long as the XFL exists. The XFL has staked that state off pretty heavily and I can see them putting one of their teams in Austin just to stave anything off.

I think they'll scrap the Gamblers and re-establish the Tampa Bay Bandits before they try another Texas team.
BattleHawks
Running Back

Post by BattleHawks »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:28 am
BattleHawks wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:58 pm lol at anyone who thinks this league will survive at all, let alone expand
So why BH then?
why do i support them? because i didn't know that XFL3 would draw half the TV ratings and half the attendance of XFL2

there is no way this league succeeds
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

BattleHawks wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:08 am
MGB01 wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:28 am
BattleHawks wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:58 pm lol at anyone who thinks this league will survive at all, let alone expand
So why BH then?
why do i support them? because i didn't know that XFL3 would draw half the TV ratings and half the attendance of XFL2

there is no way this league succeeds
Sure there is. Time and patience will make the league succeed. The XFL had done about a quarter of the marketing of 2.0 and using the pseudo hub to save money. Even with all these caveats, they're still drawing basically what XFL 2.0 drew near the end on a smaller budget. Now if ratings and attendance don't improve by season 3, I may start worrying a bit as well. As of now, we're barely out of the first inning in the whole scheme of things.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

As long as RedBull Capital is open to losing money and Gerry Cardinale doesn't get "I want an NFL team" envy, the XFL should last at least 2 seasons.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:16 pm As long as RedBull Capital is open to losing money and Gerry Cardinale doesn't get "I want an NFL team" envy, the XFL should last at least 2 seasons.
He'd have to settle for having a minority stake in one anyway
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Oh let's just go crazy and suggest Lambeau Field.
You could set it up so the lowest 35,000 seats in the bowl are available....tarp the rest so it doesn't look massive....nobody uses it in spring....the people there have football in their blood. Just throwing that thought out there.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Sounder wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 12:52 pm Oh let's just go crazy and suggest Lambeau Field.
You could set it up so the lowest 35,000 seats in the bowl are available....tarp the rest so it doesn't look massive....nobody uses it in spring....the people there have football in their blood. Just throwing that thought out there.
I actually bet the USFL would do great at Lambeau.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion