Nfl alumni academy partnership possibly ending

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

Nfl alumni academy partnership possibly ending

Post by herns »

What Mitchell’s saying comes across to me as the XFL trying to back out of guaranteeing contracts to alumni academy guys, not a great look if true
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Re: Nfl alumni academy partnership possibly ending

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Remember: Donnie Woods is the brother of USFL founder/VP Brian Woods. Take any claim he says with a huge grain of salt.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:43 pm Remember: Donnie Woods is the brother of USFL founder/VP Brian Woods. Take any claim he says with a huge grain of salt.
The big thing is Mitchell backing him up and saying there’s smoke behind his report, it’s a bad look if it ends up true

Also another plugged in guy (former cfl exec who runs FA showcases now)
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:31 pm

What Mitchell’s saying comes across to me as the XFL trying to back out of guaranteeing contracts to alumni academy guys, not a great look if true
I've been wanting to say this for a while... That was obvious BS (guarantee a contract) how could they? How many open positions are there? Maybe a camp tryout, that's about it.

NFL AA looks scammed, XFL looks bad.

It was all a PR move to conflate the NFL Academy with the NFL itself and say SEE we are working with the NFL, which Rock pushed on some major late night talk show hoping the casual viewer wouldn't catch it.
For the Fans!
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:04 pm

I've been wanting to say this for a while
Of course you have, Donnie, course you have :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

If this is the case.......................
What I’m hearing is that there could be an agreement where AA graduates that don’t end up on XFL rosters will be free to go elsewhere.
.........................then where's the "bad look" or the "screwing"? Basically, it's just a bunch of "may or may not" right now, how can anyone draw any conclusion one way or another?

But even if there is some AAF-style ish going on here, "the other" Donnie should just sit this one out for obvious reasons.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:26 pm

What I’m hearing is that there could be an agreement where AA graduates that don’t end up on XFL rosters will be free to go elsewhere.
.........................then where's the "bad look" or the "screwing"? Basically, it's just a bunch of "may or may not" right now, how can anyone draw any conclusion one way or another?

But even if there is some AAF-style ish going on here, "the other" Donnie should just sit this one out for obvious reasons.
You mean they are free to do something else? WOW how nice of XFL. We promised X but deliver much less than X but the good news is we won't stop you from looking elsewhere... arent we nice! Give me a break.

This was bound to happen as the promise was never achievable, aka scammed.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:13 pm

You mean they are free to do something else? WOW how nice of XFL. We promised X but deliver much less than X but the good news is we won't stop you from looking elsewhere... arent we nice! Give me a break.

I tend to believe what Mike Mitchell has to say moreso than Donnie Woods.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

https://xflnewsroom.com/news/xfl-partne ... erminated/

“ We’ve spoke with a few sources close to the NFL Alumni Association and others in the spring-football scene and it’s clear that there is an issue in the background. At the time of publication we’ve been able to confirm that the XFL has failed to pay the NFL Alumni Academy for at least the past three weeks.”
😬
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

They might want to take Rock with Kerry Washington off the front page if that's the case. Lot of things at play here, I'll wait for more info.

"Failure to pay for three weeks" could actually mean the agreement was over then or shortly thereafter (draft) and the NFLAA flipped the script for whatever reason. Wouldn't be the first time a second party just flipped gears.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:13 pm

The point is any "scamming" would be them using their exclusivity (if there's even any) to keep players hogtied to them and screw their careers--a la the UFL in 2010 or the AAF laughably tried before realizing how pathetic a Chapter 7 business attempting to do so would be.

So what exactly did they "scam", the workouts?