XFL to reveal uniforms Wednesday, 1pm EST, on SportsCenter

XFL Football discussion.
laxtreme56
Coach

Re: XFL to reveal uniforms Wednesday, 1pm EST, on SportsCenter

Post by laxtreme56 »

Not too surprising, but nice nonetheless, Under Armour will be making the jerseys and on field apparel. Much better than the no name company making the 2020 uniforms. https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/xfl- ... agreement/
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

--Love the Bronco trolling with the orange and navy blue for the Dragons, maybe Russell can come back and actually find the endzone (or would he maintain his current Brandon Silvers-esque pace?).

--Not big on the SD Fleet colors making it to the Brahmas home jerseys, ditto for the dual green making it up the 4. At least we'll see with the former, the latter, um..............(still don't know how it became a thing down in FL).

--Houston seems like a nod to every team that plays/ever played there, tops being the Texans, Astros (classic design), and Oilers

--Vegas' snakeskin pattern and the red/black makes it #1 for me. Now let's get them a place and go from there.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Houston:

Arlington:

San Antonio:

DC:

Vegas:

Orlando:

St. Louis:

Seattle:
super390
Receiver

Post by super390 »

I was really hoping the Roughnecks were going to load up on the red and silver.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Uniform changes for merchandising sake. Listen to DG blather on about alot of effort went into matching the uni with the city... grab the barf bag. She needs to tone that down and get more down to earth. It was a change for marketing/merchandise sales sake .

And most are a step back from 2020, the Seattle helmet I do like though. The spot I heard on ESPN (on radio simulcast) was pretty short but sounds like they had a segment on NFL show about rules, need more like that.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I dunno, I think they're fine. It's hard for me to get too worked up about uniform designs/colors.

This is a cool behind-the-scenes look at how ownership/Under Armour went through the design process:

@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:28 am I dunno, I think they're fine. It's hard for me to get too worked up about uniform designs/colors.

This is a cool behind-the-scenes look at how ownership/Under Armour went through the design process:

Well I think the consensus is its a clear step back, esp for Ren., DC, Stlouis. And since the look helps sell new merchandise, which was all this change was about (regardless of puff piece otherwise). Houston 1/2 helmet not a fan either. Not sure why they couldn't get this out well b4 black friday but at this point its at least another item checked off the list.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I wasn't a big fan of XFL 2020's efforts either, so I agree with Greg that this is all basically not worth getting worked up over (at least from a macro perspective). I was at a social event where the XFL came up, and someone had seen the uniforms on SportsCenter and said they looked sick. We'll just have to see how they play.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I thought that the Renegades and Battlehawks went backwards in their uniforms. They should have kept the 2020 versions, with minor tweaks to where we don't really notice it. DC is a minor upgrade. Seattle is a downgrade. I don't know what Houston is, but it's not good. I get not wanting to replicate the Oilers logo, but there should be uniformity on both sides of the helmet. Guardians do not have a great look. Vipers are an upgrade over 2020.
4th&long
MVP

Petition to change Battlehawks helmet back to 2020

Post by 4th&long »

https://www.change.org/p/bring-the-old- ... tid=Zxz2cZ

It was the one raving success of the XFL 2020... and its gone