ESPN/ABC+ XFL advertising & promotion

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

Re: ESPN/ABC+ XFL advertising & promotion

Post by herns »

I get why they’re doing it but seeing these ad posts for other Dwayne and Dany businesses from teams, players, and coaches is easily my least favorite thing the xfl is doing
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:34 pm I get why they’re doing it but seeing these ad posts for other Dwayne and Dany businesses from teams, players, and coaches is easily my least favorite thing the xfl is doing
Rk-DG aren't funding the league, their contribution is being the front people and garnering attention. They see the league as a way to make them money outside of the football. It seemed that way from early on to me and this falls in.
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

It is beginning to remind me of a children' TV show that only exists to sell related toys and action figures.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Firecop wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:05 am It is beginning to remind me of a children' TV show that only exists to sell related toys and action figures.
LOL - but also from RBC side its serious $$$
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

I mean, if you didn't expect some kind of crossover between Dwayne/Dany's businesses and the XFL, I don't know what to tell ya. None of this is really surprising.

And if it's beneficial to the XFL in any way (sponsorship $$, deals on uniform provider like Under Armour because of their relationship with Johnson), then I'm willing to put up with a few players/coaches plugging stuff like Zoa.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:06 am I mean, if you didn't expect some kind of crossover between Dwayne/Dany's businesses and the XFL, I don't know what to tell ya. None of this is really surprising.

And if it's beneficial to the XFL in any way (sponsorship $$, deals on uniform provider like Under Armour because of their relationship with Johnson), then I'm willing to put up with a few players/coaches plugging stuff like Zoa.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I totally expected it Greg. RBC is fronting the league and Rk is the front guy to get PR, in exchange there's those biz deals you mentioned and more.

But, RBC and Rk-DG, have different goals and commitments to the XFL.
Last edited by 4th&long on Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GregParks wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:06 am I mean, if you didn't expect some kind of crossover between Dwayne/Dany's businesses and the XFL, I don't know what to tell ya. None of this is really surprising.

I expected it but that doesn’t make me love the fact that there’s constant Zoa ads, if the league is getting money from it that’d change my opinion on it but as of now there hasn’t reports I’ve seen saying they are
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:28 am

I expected it but that doesn’t make me love the fact that there’s constant Zoa ads, if the league is getting money from it that’d change my opinion on it but as of now there hasn’t reports I’ve seen saying they are
Rk is using XFL to promote ZOA - I'm sure its zero to none. The relationship between RBC & Rk-DG is not one of equal partners. Like I said on above post " RBC is fronting the league and Rk is the front guy to get PR, in exchange there's those biz deals you mentioned and more.
But, RBC and Rk-DG, have different goals and commitments to the XFL."

Rock tried same thing with Black Adam and ZOA... BA didn't work out well for Rock.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hudsonlind ... ff74ce606e
Last edited by 4th&long on Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

I don't mind the product stuff at all. This league needs to pay bills. Just wish there was more football stuff to go along with it.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:39 am I don't mind the product stuff at all. This league needs to pay bills. Just wish there was more football stuff to go along with it.
I'd be surprised if ZOA is paying a dime.