2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Re: ESPN/ABC+ XFL advertising & promotion

Post by 4th&long »

Well perhaps ZOA is paying XFL something:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... eting-push

>> Dwayne Johnson’s Zoa Energy is planning a major push this year, pumping investment into promoting the young brand as it jockeys for position in the fiercely competitive energy drink industry.

Zoa will triple its marketing spending this year in order to get its name in front of consumers with ad campaigns rolling out through the year, Johnson said in an interview. The brand has also revamped its packaging with a new can design and will fill the calendar with pop-up shops, contests and influencer programs.

“We’ll concentrate on our shopper marketing efforts through a variety of channels, including our digital, at home, paid social media and me speaking directly to the consumer, right down the lens,” Johnson said.
~
Johnson said he’ll be heavily involved in the brand’s promotion as it seeks out new customers. In December, Zoa signed a sponsorship deal with the XFL and will work with the football league on behind-the-scenes social content and live events, with a particularly large presence on opening weekend in February when the league relaunches under Johnson and Garcia’s new ownership group.<<

The goal/exit will be a sale to a bigger bev co, like Cloney's liquor and Celsuis. Of course that was pre recession times.

With Black Adam well underperforming and DC moving on from Rock, he's going to be more focused on other ventures. These venture capital groups/start ups love latching on to celebs (eg FTX with Tom Brady).

The whole XFL was slow rolled until BA... when that cratered that's when XFL push started. ZOA was heavily linked with BA and after that debacle relabeled and THEN they signed with XFL. Interesting.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hudsonlind ... ff74ce606e
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

Nothing comes free. Part owner or not, I doubt Gerry Cardinale is letting anyone advertise for free. Gotta pay to play.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

laxtreme56 wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:03 pm Nothing comes free. Part owner or not, I doubt Gerry Cardinale is letting anyone advertise for free. Gotta pay to play.
Depends on his deal with the Rock is, but likely something. Better for Rock to use ZOA money than his own too.
4th&long
MVP

Really avoiding the term FX

Post by 4th&long »

>> Dwayne Johnson
@TheRock
Yes all our @XFL2023 games will be televised LIVE on @ESPN & @ABC beginning February 18th!
Thank you so much for your support and enjoy the season! 🏈
Quote Tweet
Austin
@ABM1587
·
Jan 24
Replying to @TheRock and @XFL2023
Will this be streamed or televised?
1:32 PM · Jan 24, 2023 <<

Hmm... ah nope. Come on man!
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Yeah I saw that, and in addition to being misleading it's also just unhelpful.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Tank55 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:06 pm Yeah I saw that, and in addition to being misleading it's also just unhelpful.
Tank - you know I was thinking just the former but you are correct. The obsession with Rock wanting to associate with the best won't be helpful when peeps try to find games and not looking on FX

With FX carrying 40% (37.5% alone) - its likely a good idea the spokesman/woman of the league mention it more.
That's 14/24 games weeks 2-7.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:06 pm
Tank55 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:06 pm Yeah I saw that, and in addition to being misleading it's also just unhelpful.
Tank - you know I was thinking just the former but you are correct. The obsession with Rock wanting to associate with the best won't be helpful when peeps try to find games and not looking on FX

With FX carrying 40% (37.5% alone) - its likely a good idea the spokesman/woman of the league mention it more.
Just remember this obsession when USA drags down the USFL ratings, k?

What else would you call an out-of-the-blue posting of a four day old tweet? I thought maybe there was an ad during Knicks/Nets or something but GFL.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:58 pm
4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:06 pm

Just remember this obsession when USA drags down the USFL ratings, k?

What else would you call an out-of-the-blue posting of a four day old tweet? I thought maybe there was an ad during Knicks/Nets or something but GFL.
LOL Really - what does that even mean. wow a whole 4 days, not sure what the point is here. I saw it retweeted on MM twitter account, I like to check that every week or so. USFL definitely says USA net televises games -
If you are trying to get people to watch the games and list only 2 of 4 channels - good luck.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:36 pm LOL Really - what does that even mean. wow a whole 4 days, not sure what the point is here.
Exactly what it says it does, pretty odd thing to bring up out of the blue
I saw it retweeted on MM twitter account, I like to check that every week or so.
Ah, bored huh?