QB Draft Thread

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

Re: QB Draft Thread

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:51 pm
herns wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:12 pm There’s a lot of surprising guys that went undrafted, I thought Aqeel Glass, Cole McDonald, and Kelly bryant were guarantees to be on teams
Bryant and Glass might be leaning in the direction of the USFL as they are in need of some QBs. The only USFL QBs we know for sure are signed to 2023 in the USFL are Brady White of the Showboats (as announced by Todd Haley), James Morgan, Troy Williams and Chase Forcuade of the Maulers and Kevin Thomson of the Stars. Jordan Ta'amu, Bryan Scott and Paxton Lynch are rumored to be the next batch of XFL QB's. The statuses of Vad Lee, Roland Rivers, Case Cookus, DeAndre Johnson and the rest of the USFL QB's are unknown right now, because none of their respective teams have announced any of the QBs from 2022 (except White for Memphis) are returning.
Deandre Johnson, J’Mar smith, Kyle Lauletta, all of the Panther qbs are confirmed back as well. I thought I saw Lee and rivers have said it as well. it is possible glass and bryant were leaning that way, I just thought they were locks for the xfl is all
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

New qb assignments that got added after the draft

GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:57 pm
GDAWG wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:51 pm
herns wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:12 pm There’s a lot of surprising guys that went undrafted, I thought Aqeel Glass, Cole McDonald, and Kelly bryant were guarantees to be on teams
Bryant and Glass might be leaning in the direction of the USFL as they are in need of some QBs. The only USFL QBs we know for sure are signed to 2023 in the USFL are Brady White of the Showboats (as announced by Todd Haley), James Morgan, Troy Williams and Chase Forcuade of the Maulers and Kevin Thomson of the Stars. Jordan Ta'amu, Bryan Scott and Paxton Lynch are rumored to be the next batch of XFL QB's. The statuses of Vad Lee, Roland Rivers, Case Cookus, DeAndre Johnson and the rest of the USFL QB's are unknown right now, because none of their respective teams have announced any of the QBs from 2022 (except White for Memphis) are returning.
Deandre Johnson, J’Mar smith, Kyle Lauletta, all of the Panther qbs are confirmed back as well. I thought I saw Lee and rivers have said it as well. it is possible glass and bryant were leaning that way, I just thought they were locks for the xfl is all
If Lee and Rivers come back, it won't be for the Maulers since they have 5 QBs and something has to happen on that front to drop the QB's down to 3.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:58 pm New qb assignments that got added after the draft

So the Brahmas have 4 QBs and the Vipers only 2 and DC only 1.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

No Khalil Tate, Carson Strong or Jarrett Guarantano.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:17 pm No Khalil Tate, Carson Strong or Jarrett Guarantano.
That is surprising, at a non qb surprise they didn’t draft Sanu which is who espn was kinda marketing the draft with as the big name in the draft
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:41 pm
GDAWG wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:17 pm No Khalil Tate, Carson Strong or Jarrett Guarantano.
That is surprising, at a non qb surprise they didn’t draft Sanu which is who espn was kinda marketing the draft with as the big name in the draft
The Vipers did get Vic Beasley and Martavius Bryant.

And I think that either the three have deals pending for the USFL or one of them (possibly Guarantano) is looking at an NFL return.
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

The XFL has professional scouts that judge these players for a living and have a for a very long time, if they weren’t drafted, there’s a reason.

Carson Strong was the strongest of the bunch and if they were confident on him they would have probably put him in this league, sadly I think his injury woes let him down but he should be healthy for a potential USFL call up if he’s ready to try to the alt league route.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

D'Eriq King was let go by the Panthers today - somewhat expected. Seems as if he was brought in to play Lamar Jackson on the scout team last week before Carolina's game with Baltimore, then was let go after the game.

Wonder if he's announced as DC's second QB this week or if they wait until around the supplemental draft to make it official.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

If the XFL ever considered Chase Litton for the Supplemental Draft....well he signed with Calgary.