QB Draft Thread

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: QB Draft Thread

Post by GregParks »

Not sure if this was the reason he wasn't there, but Las Vegas had their Town Hall event last night that Woodson attended. He was also at the draft today:

@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

McClendon and Perez were picked by Woodson.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:24 pm McClendon and Perez were picked by Woodson.
The most hilarious troll would be for him to use an open pick (that they'd otherwise pass) on Baker Mayfield :lol:

(And instead of 'Oklahoma', it'd be 'currently trapped in the Heisman House by an elephant')
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Going off who’s been drafted and who USFL has signed this offseason I’d tend to agree with Bruno, there’s exceptions of course but it seems these leagues are going for different groups of talent. These 2 leagues figuring out what players they want to go for and going from there is how we get 2 high quality leagues as far as quality of play goes
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I dunno about that, I've seen enough from the '22 draft class (starting with #1 pick Abram Smith) that it didn't look like the MLFB draft of few years ago that was mostly filled with guys that played in college in the late 00s/early 10s.

Nevertheless, everyone wants to see both leagues prosper. And if you pair them up/overlap them with the CFL, you have football year-round (with the exception of the Lolcow Games--at least move them back to the Super Bowl site so it serves as a kickoff, other than that no one cares--not that they do now)
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

It will be interesting to see if any QB's are taken today.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:08 pm It will be interesting to see if any QB's are taken today.
Open phase is complete and has been posted @xfl2023 - no QBs selected.
@gregmparks
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

While not a hit by any means, the ESPN2 Drive to the Draft notched 137k viewers and a .05 rating. Good for 106th rated show on Tuesday.
https://showbuzzdaily.com/articles/show ... inals.html
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

There’s a lot of surprising guys that went undrafted, I thought Aqeel Glass, Cole McDonald, and Kelly bryant were guarantees to be on teams
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

herns wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:12 pm There’s a lot of surprising guys that went undrafted, I thought Aqeel Glass, Cole McDonald, and Kelly bryant were guarantees to be on teams
Bryant and Glass might be leaning in the direction of the USFL as they are in need of some QBs. The only USFL QBs we know for sure are signed to 2023 in the USFL are Brady White of the Showboats (as announced by Todd Haley), James Morgan, Troy Williams and Chase Forcuade of the Maulers and Kevin Thomson of the Stars. Jordan Ta'amu, Bryan Scott and Paxton Lynch are rumored to be the next batch of XFL QB's. The statuses of Vad Lee, Roland Rivers, Case Cookus, DeAndre Johnson and the rest of the USFL QB's are unknown right now, because none of their respective teams have announced any of the QBs from 2022 (except White for Memphis) are returning.