MVP

Anyone believe this rumor?

Post by GDAWG »

herns
Head Coach

Re: Anyone believe this rumor?

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:29 pm Image
I bet he’s accurate but the definition of big name is different for each person. My guess is it’ll be someone we’ve all heard of but not like a perennial pro bowler which isn’ta bad thing
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Adrian Peterson probably needs the cash.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

If it's Beast Mode I'm hella in
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I'd be up for Beastquake 2!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

A big name like Trent Richardson?
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Yes.

RBs are cheap and plentiful especially over age 30. Recognizable names abound, though maybe a bit less so with the NFL moving heavily toward passing first.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

For all we know, it could be a a guy like Kerryon Johnson, who wasn't a big name, but still had a plenty of success in front of him before injuries starting piling up. He's 25, so he's definitely nowhere near antique status. He could be the XFL version of Bo Scarbrough (the two were teammates with the Lions in 2019-20).
nick1091
Running Back

Post by nick1091 »

The only name I could think of that would meet what I'd consider a "big name" besides AP would be Le'Veon Bell, who's still only 30, but he sat out a season willing to cost himself millions, so playing for XFL wages seems a stretch.

Not sure who else would move the needle? Carlos Hyde I guess was somewhat successful in the league but not how I'd define "big time."
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

nick1091 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:06 pm The only name I could think of that would meet what I'd consider a "big name" besides AP would be Le'Veon Bell, who's still only 30, but he sat out a season willing to cost himself millions, so playing for XFL wages seems a stretch.

Not sure who else would move the needle? Carlos Hyde I guess was somewhat successful in the league but not how I'd define "big time."
Not only that but Bell's now on the boxing kick, he's on the Paul/Silva card in a few weeks. So I think guys into their second career would sort of be off the table.

Then again nobody thinks that the brothers Paul are anything but their own marketing company (see Logan and Roman Reigns at Crown Jewel the next week), so Le'Veon can't be ruled out totally.