herns
Head Coach

Xfl IFL partnership

Post by herns »

Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Re: Xfl IFL partnership

Post by Coffeeeyes »

Definitely not a player pipeline that I would have ever anticipated but it makes sense. Come play indoor ball with us and if you work hard enough and show off what you have, you will have a chance at making a good income playing traditional football.

Not really a good farm system though if that's the attempt.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Coffeeeyes wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:54 pm Definitely not a player pipeline that I would have ever anticipated but it makes sense. Come play indoor ball with us and if you work hard enough and show off what you have, you will have a chance at making a good income playing traditional football.

Not really a good farm system though if that's the attempt.
I could be wrong but I think it’s more about directing the guys who didn’t get to a showcase somewhere they can be seen by the league also ig they’re gonna share resources with the IFL as far as scouting goes so maybe that’s a part of why they wanted to do it idk
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Not official from XFL

But Reid on The_Markcast had salaries wayyyy off on IFL saying $37.4k a year vs $50k for XFL.

Nope, IFL is more like $200-250 a game and that's $3.7k a season. No player s/b prevented from leaving arena/indoor for USFL/XFL/CFL as USFL/XFL will allow for players moving up to NFL.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

4th&long wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:41 am Not official from XFL

But Reid on The_Markcast had salaries wayyyy off on IFL saying $37.4k a year vs $50k for XFL.

Nope, IFL is more like $200-250 a game and that's $3.7k a season. No player s/b prevented from leaving arena/indoor for USFL/XFL/CFL as USFL/XFL will allow for players moving up to NFL.
Ya I think IFL views it as a good marketing opportunity. The only part of it I don’t really like is that after the season players that moved up the xfl have to finish out the IFL contract and play in that
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

herns wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:10 pm
4th&long wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:41 am Not official from XFL

Ya I think IFL views it as a good marketing opportunity. The only part of it I don’t really like is that after the season players that moved up the xfl have to finish out the IFL contract and play in that
You could always have the Martavis Bryant thing, although that was in reverse: he was to start in the IFL then leave for the CFL. He left the Mass Pirates after a game or two then never reported to camp with the Argos--was that a thing with all these Steeler WRs from back in the mid 2010s, they all got it from AB?
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

The XFL announced an official partnership with the IFL today:

https://www.xfl.com/xfl-latest-news/xfl ... artnership

The gist: Players released from the XFL will have a pathway into the IFL. The leagues will conduct joint tryouts and exchange game film.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:23 am The XFL announced an official partnership with the IFL today:

https://www.xfl.com/xfl-latest-news/xfl ... artnership

The gist: Players released from the XFL will have a pathway into the IFL. The leagues will conduct joint tryouts and exchange game film.
I didn't check social media, but the reaction probably is "whatever. When are team names going to be announced!"
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:02 pm I didn't check social media, but the reaction probably is "whatever. When are team names going to be announced!"
You don't have to report to us on things you imagine happened.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:37 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:02 pm I didn't check social media, but the reaction probably is "whatever. When are team names going to be announced!"
You don't have to report to us on things you imagine happened.
That's probably the reaction on Twitter, which I do not have because of its toxicity.