XFL: The First Group Of Tentatively Assigned Quarterbacks For The 2023 Season

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

XFL: The First Group Of Tentatively Assigned Quarterbacks For The 2023 Season

Post by GDAWG »

With all of that out of the way, here’s where the nine quarterbacks spotted working with Jordan Palmer are headed, provided they are still available in the coming weeks.

Louisville/PVA&M QB: Jawon Pass (San Antonio)
Miami QB: D’Eriq King (DC)
Troy QB: Brandon Silvers (Houston)
Colorado QB: Steven Montez (Seattle)
Baylor/NC State QB: Jalan McClendon (Las Vegas)
Ball State QB: Drew Plitt (Arlington)
Virginia Tech QB: Ryan Willis (St. Louis)
FSU/Hampton QB: Deondre Francois (Orlando)

There are no guarantees that any of these players will be day one starters, and a lot can happen with player movement in the coming months. But getting in on the ground floor of XFL 3.0 certainly gives them a head start.
https://xflnewshub.com/xfl-news/xfl-the ... 5c292e4143
4th&long
MVP

Re: XFL: The First Group Of Tentatively Assigned Quarterbacks For The 2023 Season

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:45 pm
With all of that out of the way, here’s where the nine quarterbacks spotted working with Jordan Palmer are headed, provided they are still available in the coming weeks.

There are no guarantees that any of these players will be day one starters, and a lot can happen with player movement in the coming months. But getting in on the ground floor of XFL 3.0 certainly gives them a head start.
Bryan Scott, who was in attendance but not on the list - is still listed on the USFL Star's Roster. USFL seems to be maintaining the list as up-to-date since resent signing QB James Morgan is listed on the USFL Mauler's roster.

How does this list compare to XFL 2.0 and USFL?
GDAWG
MVP

Re: XFL: The First Group Of Tentatively Assigned Quarterbacks For The 2023 Season

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:20 pm
GDAWG wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:45 pm

Bryan Scott, who was in attendance but not on the list - is still listed on the USFL Star's Roster. USFL seems to be maintaining the list as up-to-date since resent signing QB James Morgan is listed on the USFL Mauler's roster.

How does this list compare to XFL 2.0 and USFL?
Looks like the XFL 3.0 is going after younger guys. Out of this entire group, Steven Montez has the most NFL experience and even then his NFL experience was nothing more than a practice squad QB. Drew Plitt was in camp with the Bengals and I think McClendon was in camp with Washington after the XFL 2.0 ended. I don't think Francios and Pass have been in any NFL camps.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Also note that certain older veterans might bypass the development camp. There will be 16 roster spots. If those nine are all signed to the league, that leaves at least seven more openings. (Cardale Jones, perhaps?)
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:37 pm Also note that certain older veterans might bypass the development camp. There will be 16 roster spots. If those nine are all signed to the league, that leaves at least seven more openings. (Cardale Jones, perhaps?)
Cardale Jones is like the Alt Football Cam Newton except there's never been any period where he was elite. He's washed. I'd rather give new guys a chance than Jones.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Not sure how I feel about King in DC, but if nothing else, I think it's great to have a QB that can make plays with their feet at this level.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

That's actually a pretty decent group of "next" guys for the first wave. Definitely more in line with the P54 vibe.

Pass might actually be the most intriguing (and not just cause of the name), since he had a trifecta of stuff right out of the gate: following Lamar Jackson, first start against Bama, and then Petrino. Then the injury just as he was getting it all back. Sometimes it takes a while.

Plitt had a pretty good game against the Cardinals, and I suspect if Burrow breaks from getting killed he'll be on call (likely to take Jake Browning's spot on the PS). He's about the only one I anticipate getting one.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

There's still a good list of those who are still free agents:

NFL Free Agents: Blake Bortles, Mike Glennon, AJ McCarron, Jake Fromm, Kevin Hogan, Garrett Gilbert, Anthony Gordon, Nate Stanley, Brian Lewerke, Brandon Peters, Brett Hundley, Cole Kelley, Carson Strong, Reid Sinnett, Jack Coan, Ben DiNucci
CFL Free Agents: Joe Mancuso, Khalil Tate, Chase Litton, Cole McDonald, Tom Flacco, Kevin Thomson
Rookies: Kaleb Eleby, Aqeel Glass, Nick Starkel, Davis Cheek, Jake Floriea
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Gilbert can sling it. I hope he signs.

Khalil Tate would be fun, but can't say I'd want him for the Defenders.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Nothing is written in stone. Unless you see a contract, nothing is done. But fun to speculate.

I will only be happy on the day the league kicks off with eight teams in four different stadiums. Bring it.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers