XFL: The First Group Of Tentatively Assigned Quarterbacks For The 2023 Season

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

Re: XFL: The First Group Of Tentatively Assigned Quarterbacks For The 2023 Season

Post by herns »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:36 pm
Sounder wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:24 pm With the exception of Silvers, I have never heard of any of these.... but it's ok ....they never heard of me either.
Crazy to me that we have XFL fans that don't follow college football.

PSA: college football is absolutely, hilariously bananas. If you like football enough to watch the XFL, you will love college football.
College football is why I’m really happy Montez isn’t a battlehawk lol
MGB01
MVP

Re: XFL: The First Group Of Tentatively Assigned Quarterbacks For The 2023 Season

Post by MGB01 »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:36 pm
Sounder wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:24 pm With the exception of Silvers, I have never heard of any of these.... but it's ok ....they never heard of me either.
Crazy to me that we have XFL fans that don't follow college football.

PSA: college football is absolutely, hilariously bananas. If you like football enough to watch the XFL, you will love college football.
Now granted I've come across "draftniks" over the years that pay no attention to college football but dammit not only do they know who should be their first round pick but yours too! :lol:

But for all the explosion of college football on TV in the last four decades (and the Big Ten's efforts to go coast to coast), regionalism is still pretty strong. Hell there's only one Pac 12 QB here and half this list is ACC (though none of the four actually were there their entire college career) anyway. So I wouldn't call it "not following", just some less than others.

That said, Francois and Pass played against TBD (The Bama Deathstar) in nationally televised games and King started that game (WSU/HOU) in 2019 that had Leach and Holgorsen on the sidelines and Stoops/Spurrier in the house--and Wazzu's QB was Anthony Gordon. So there was some national presence
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

If anyone else reading this is in the same boat, I just posted an article on the front page today to familiarize fans with each of the eight assigned QBs. Hope y'all will check it out.
@gregmparks
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

https://xflboard.com/news/who-are-these ... rterbacks/
More than anything, Francois’ success in the FCF likely forced the XFL to take notice.
What.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:01 am https://xflboard.com/news/who-are-these ... rterbacks/
More than anything, Francois’ success in the FCF likely forced the XFL to take notice.
What.
If not for Francois' play in the FCF, he may not have been brought in as an assigned QB. Is that an unreasonable take?
@gregmparks
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

You may be right, but I sure hope you're wrong. 92 passes in indoor football shouldn't be putting anyone on the XFL's radar.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Tank55 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:59 pm You may be right, but I sure hope you're wrong. 92 passes in indoor football shouldn't be putting anyone on the XFL's radar.
I mean, I look at the rest of his body of work outside that and save for his FCF years, he played one "season" in the Spring League in 2021 (though I can't find any stats on him or how much he played) in the three years since he left college. If not those FCF games, I'm not sure what else the league really had to go on to bring him in (I will add that he was at the Florida Showcase, so maybe he really impressed there too, IDK).
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GregParks wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:24 pm
Tank55 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:59 pm You may be right, but I sure hope you're wrong. 92 passes in indoor football shouldn't be putting anyone on the XFL's radar.
I mean, I look at the rest of his body of work outside that and save for his FCF years, he played one "season" in the Spring League in 2021 (though I can't find any stats on him or how much he played) in the three years since he left college. If not those FCF games, I'm not sure what else the league really had to go on to bring him in (I will add that he was at the Florida Showcase, so maybe he really impressed there too, IDK).
https://www.footballdb.com/players/deon ... -francde01

Oddly enough, his completion % with the Blues was nearly the exact same (.5681 to .5678) as his one year at Hampton.

BTW, the guy who replaced him in that game against Bama in 2017 and from that point out is actually still playing in college--James Blackman at Arkansas State.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

He has 1000+ collegiate attempts, most of them at a very high level of competition. That's his body of work. The Showcase should let you evaluate if he's in shape and sharp. TSL is fine, whatever. Maybe a coach there can give a reference to his mindset.

FCF is not real football, to be blunt. The field is a different size, there are fewer players to keep track of as a quarterback, fewer reads, different timing, etc. I don't see how it's terribly useful information for an XFL scout or general manager when evaluating quarterbacks.

Apologies for only focusing on this -- I enjoyed the article. And I'm really glad that we can start bickering about actual XFL players.
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Post by Coffeeeyes »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:33 am He has 1000+ collegiate attempts, most of them at a very high level of competition. That's his body of work. The Showcase should let you evaluate if he's in shape and sharp. TSL is fine, whatever. Maybe a coach there can give a reference to his mindset.

FCF is not real football, to be blunt. The field is a different size, there are fewer players to keep track of as a quarterback, fewer reads, different timing, etc. I don't see how it's terribly useful information for an XFL scout or general manager when evaluating quarterbacks.

Apologies for only focusing on this -- I enjoyed the article. And I'm really glad that we can start bickering about actual XFL players.
Of course the FCF isn't real football but the way he plays in terms of tangibles are noticeable and there.