Jordan Palmer's Instagram features XFL QBs at HQ

XFL Football discussion.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Re: Jordan Palmer's Instagram features XFL QBs at HQ

Post by DavedaHammer »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:58 pm
DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:43 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:14 pm Okay, I won't mention Cam anymore.

I hope that guys like Mike Glennon, DeShone Kizer and Brett Hundley are not on the radar for the XFL because they suck. Cardale Jones is washed as well but he'll probably end up in the XFL somewhere. Jake Fromm sucks too, but there's a chance he can get better because he's still quite young as a professional football player. I'd rather go after someone like Fromm, who although he has sucked in the NFL, has a chance to get better rather than someone like Glennon, Kizer or Hundley, who's probably hit their ceilings as QBs.
Kizer probably priced himself out the XFL salary range. Kizer was in talks with the Toronto Argos last year, never signed. I have to guess he wanted to too much money to play in the CFL
More than likely it is because Kizer sucks.
I don't know that he sucks or not. But the Toronto Argos were willing to explore talks with him. Kizer just wasn't willing to bet on himself to get a deal down. Now his football opportunities had dried up
Coffeeeyes
Quarterback

Re: Jordan Palmer's Instagram features XFL QBs at HQ

Post by Coffeeeyes »

GDAWG wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:58 pm
DavedaHammer wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:43 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:14 pm Okay, I won't mention Cam anymore.

I hope that guys like Mike Glennon, DeShone Kizer and Brett Hundley are not on the radar for the XFL because they suck. Cardale Jones is washed as well but he'll probably end up in the XFL somewhere. Jake Fromm sucks too, but there's a chance he can get better because he's still quite young as a professional football player. I'd rather go after someone like Fromm, who although he has sucked in the NFL, has a chance to get better rather than someone like Glennon, Kizer or Hundley, who's probably hit their ceilings as QBs.
Kizer probably priced himself out the XFL salary range. Kizer was in talks with the Toronto Argos last year, never signed. I have to guess he wanted to too much money to play in the CFL
More than likely it is because Kizer sucks.
He's also old, like Glennon and Hundley. There is nothing attractive about Deshone Kizer or Mike Glennon from a player perspective, it's literally a matter of "Oh I remember them" but as soon as they start sucking it's "Oh, I remember them..."

The league is very obviously targeting young talent that isn't going to get called up unless there's something significant and even then there's a good chance they'll go back to the XFL when they're cut inevitably. The best CFL quarterbacks struggle to get chances in the NFL and that is exactly what the XFL wants, players that are recognizable to casual football fans (D'Eriq King as an example) but won't really ever start for an NFL team and will probably never get the chance to be a backup. It's all about building your own brand.