XFL Football discussion.
4th&long
MVP

Re: Jordan Palmer's Instagram features XFL QBs at his HQ

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:12 am
4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:05 am
MGB01 wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:34 pm

But if the option year wasn't a thing until midseason he might be a free agent.

Which would possibly make him a modern day Pete Gogolak
The way it was originally stated was the option year was baked into the original contract, but the NFL release to Free Agency was changed in the mid-year contract change. At least that's how its been explained. But Only if the USFL exercised the option or didn't drop Scott when he was injured.
Bryan Scott may not be the last USFL QB to jump to the XFL, as Luis Perez, Kyle Sloter and KJ Costello still have not returned to the USFL, however Perez and Sloter might want to re-sign with the USFL with their respective teams to add some stability in their careers.
Still questioning if that's B Scott, but L Perez and Sloter are definitely FA's as they were signed by NFL (releasing them from USFL contract) and without the "return to USFL clause" (in the early contract) then s/b available to XFL.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:22 am
4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:05 am

The way it was originally stated was the option year was baked into the original contract, but the NFL release to Free Agency was changed in the mid-year contract change. At least that's how its been explained. But Only if the USFL exercised the option or didn't drop Scott when he was injured.
Bryan Scott may not be the last USFL QB to jump to the XFL, as Luis Perez, Kyle Sloter and KJ Costello still have not returned to the USFL, however Perez and Sloter might want to re-sign with the USFL with their respective teams to add some stability in their careers.
Still questioning if that's B Scott, but L Perez and Sloter are definitely FA's as they were signed by NFL (releasing them from USFL contract) and without the "return to USFL clause" (in the early contract) then s/b available to XFL.
Sloter and Perez may want to remain in the USFL to give them stability in their careers, which they really haven't had.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:28 am

Sloter and Perez may want to remain in the USFL to give them stability in their careers, which they really haven't had.
It will likely come down to $$$. If is comparable I'd say they will stay, but XFL may open check book wider. And don't count out late NFL signings as injuries increase... which could allow more cross league transfers.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:28 am Sloter and Perez may want to remain in the USFL to give them stability in their careers, which they really haven't had.
Sloter, I suspect, will stay with the USFL.

But Perez had good experience with the XFL in 2020—I'd guess his odds of each league are about 50/50.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:22 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:28 am Sloter and Perez may want to remain in the USFL to give them stability in their careers, which they really haven't had.

But Perez had good experience with the XFL in 2020—I'd guess his odds of each league are about 50/50.
Idk how much xfl 2020 will factor into things past coaches they’re familiar with being in the league Which doesn’t really factor in for Perez given his old 2020 coaches aren’t back. I assume it’ll come down to money and possibly a promise of playing time or maybe even a longer term deal
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:40 pm
johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:22 pm

Idk how much xfl 2020 will factor into things past coaches they’re familiar with being in the league Which doesn’t really factor in for Perez given his old 2020 coaches aren’t back. I assume it’ll come down to money and possibly a promise of playing time or maybe even a longer term deal
XFL 3.0 is totally diff from XFL 2.0 - Perez could sign given the right money and being sold on the league. USFL may counter of coure.
DavedaHammer
Quarterback

Post by DavedaHammer »

4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:30 am

It will likely come down to $$$. If is comparable I'd say they will stay, but XFL may open check book wider. And don't count out late NFL signings as injuries increase... which could allow more cross league transfers.
The CFL has set the QB standard for pay amongst alt leagues. Jake Maier and Tyler Cornelious signed for 2 two years at $400,000 each with the kicker being 50% of their final year in their contract retained($100,000 at least) according to 3 Downnation.

The XFL should match what the CFL pays if they want to keep their guys satisfied
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

DavedaHammer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:05 pm
4th&long wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:30 am

The CFL has set the QB standard for pay amongst alt leagues. Jake Maier and Tyler Cornelious signed for 2 two years at $400,000 each with the kicker being 50% of their final year in their contract retained($100,000 at least) according to 3 Downnation.

The XFL should match what the CFL pays if they want to keep their guys satisfied
Not sure the XFL needs to counter. Firstly, the XFL will play half as many games as the CFL so no need to overpay. Secondly, the season ends right before NFL camps start, which will make it easier to sign with the NFL. Look how many USFL guys got injured in the NFL preseason by having nearly no time off between games, another benefit of playing right after the SuperBowl
GDAWG
MVP

Re: Jordan Palmer's Instagram features XFL QBs at HQ

Post by GDAWG »

Tank55
MVP

Re: Jordan Palmer's Instagram features XFL QBs at HQ

Post by Tank55 »

Spent too many minutes checking if Reggie Barlow or Von Hutchins follow any of these guys on Twitter. They do not.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion