Rod Woodson says team name, colors and logo of Las Vegas will be announced next week

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Rod Woodson says team name, colors and logo of Las Vegas will be announced next week

Post by MGB01 »

We almost have to have San Antonio/Vegas Week 1 Saturday at 3:00 on ABC at this point.

The two Steeler legends
Theme tie-in with VGK vs TB on ESPN that night
Kickoff to SB LVIII
And of course, marketing

Just don't have Dennis Parks (as Greg Bartholomew) do O Canada--thankfully there aren't any Canadian teams

FootballYoda
Quarterback

Re: Rod Woodson says team name, colors and logo of Las Vegas will be announced next week

Post by FootballYoda »

I liked the Outlaws but Vegas Vipers sounds pretty damn good.
Lone Star
Running Back

Post by Lone Star »

But still no confirmation on the stadium?
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

According to what I could see from the limited team site....the limey green won't make the move from Tampa. It will be Red and white.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

I will agree with what Mike Mitchell said on the Markcast that if the XFL announces something, it will be through them. He was skeptical that the team names, colors and logos would have been announced last week even without Hurricane Ian because the XFL didn't announce it themselves.
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Sounder wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:47 am According to what I could see from the limited team site....the limey green won't make the move from Tampa. It will be Red and white.
What site are you referring to?
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Tank55 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:16 pm
Sounder wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:47 am According to what I could see from the limited team site....the limey green won't make the move from Tampa. It will be Red and white.
What site are you referring to?
The background behind Woodson:

https://www.xfl.com/teams/las-vegas
@gregmparks
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. Thank you.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:10 pm I will agree with what Mike Mitchell said on the Markcast that if the XFL announces something, it will be through them. He was skeptical that the team names, colors and logos would have been announced last week even without Hurricane Ian because the XFL didn't announce it themselves.
They better hurry up with announcing USFL announcements felt rushed when they started at around 5 1/2 months before the season, we’re around 4 months rn. If they wait much longer the marketing is gonna feel really rushed and I wonder what the effect on ticket sales will be
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:10 pm I will agree with what Mike Mitchell said on the Markcast that if the XFL announces something, it will be through them. He was skeptical that the team names, colors and logos would have been announced last week even without Hurricane Ian because the XFL didn't announce it themselves.
Woodson had been purposely vague with his "next week" statement. It is not like he had set a date and it whooshed by. We likely would have seen some sort of tease from the owners' social media earlier in the week leading up to the announcement of the names. But Ian was already beginning to impact Florida the weekend before. It wouldn't surprise me IF there had indeed been a plan to confirm the names.