No "XFL" usage in podcast names?

XFL Football discussion.
herns
Head Coach

Re: No "XFL" usage in podcast names?

Post by herns »

MarkNelson wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:55 pm They seem to be asking podcasts to rebrand right now. Weird to think they want to alienate their grass roots support. Is it possible the XFL plans their own series of “XFL” branded podcasts and they want their own stuff to stand out?

Still, their grassroot’s support should be ultra important. We’re talking about people who have stuck by this league when the darkest days were upon it.
I hope it’s not a sign that the leagues gonna take itself overly serious but that’s how I read it sadly
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

herns wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:33 pm
MarkNelson wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:55 pm They seem to be asking podcasts to rebrand right now. Weird to think they want to alienate their grass roots support. Is it possible the XFL plans their own series of “XFL” branded podcasts and they want their own stuff to stand out?

Still, their grassroot’s support should be ultra important. We’re talking about people who have stuck by this league when the darkest days were upon it.
I hope it’s not a sign that the leagues gonna take itself overly serious but that’s how I read it sadly
They are running like a business 100% - for the Fans!
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

That would be my guess as to the "why," other than wanting to (overly) protect their IP. I get it, but it's still a bad look any way you slice it.
@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:49 pm
That would be my guess as to the "why," other than wanting to (overly) protect their IP. I get it, but it's still a bad look any way you slice it.
Will XFL Board rebrand?
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

Stupid is as stupid does!
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
Firecop
Coach

Post by Firecop »

I just do not understand the XFL ownership group's thinking. They don' t reveal names, they want to exclusively control "xfl", they throw out meaningless breadcrumbs, and all it does is serve to frustrate and alienate their hard core fanbase.
IMO, whoever is advising them in PR, is doing so badly. We have hung with them through thick and thin, and yet, no bones get tossed our way.
Direct from the Dragon's Lair
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by MarkNelson »

Firecop wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:15 am IMO, whoever is advising them in PR, is doing so badly. We have hung with them through thick and thin, and yet, no bones get tossed our way.
I tend to agree with you FC, for sure. I am more pragmatic on this, in that I can see how the podcasts that rebranded were probably fishing for guests from the XFL ranks, and the gatekeepers at the league told them their podcast brand was no longer welcome. It could have been a lower level person who made this call, or it may have come from the top.

"No bones get tossed" is a truth, both now and in the past. The league has generally not been helpful for non-mainstream media for years, and did not seeing the value in the following they get from fan sites. Although in 2020 we were progressing well to a positive relationship, it all came to halt, as you know.

In 2001, we got some love from the team level, and got close to certain teams like Birmingham, Orlando, Las Vegas and New York/New Jersey, and were invited to send our reporters to report as accredited media. This is where Mike Mitchell started out, sitting in the press box at a Hitmen game. In 2020, we got more love from the league, and they recognized us. We had reporters in every stadium except St. Louis, as we were told their press box was too full to accommodate us.(A bit of BS there). The league media manager would talk to me, express her concerns, tell me what we could do to help out. It was a positive relationship. Now, coming up to 2023, we are back in the dark. I won't even ask the league for an interview because I already know the answer, which will be silence.
XFLBoard https://xflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
XFLXtra https://xflboard.com/xfl-xtra/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

Firecop wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:15 am I just do not understand the XFL ownership group's thinking. They don' t reveal names, they want to exclusively control "xfl", they throw out meaningless breadcrumbs, and all it does is serve to frustrate and alienate their hard core fanbase.
IMO, whoever is advising them in PR, is doing so badly. We have hung with them through thick and thin, and yet, no bones get tossed our way.
Not to mention by the time the league officially announces these big news roll outs, they’ve been leaked far before. The people that care the most know for days so their big announcements aren’t news to anyone except the casual fans, who don’t follow as close. I don’t know how many of those are out there this time of year with the NFL in full swing.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Gopher123 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:18 am
Firecop wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:15 am I just do not understand the XFL ownership group's thinking. They don' t reveal names, they want to exclusively control "xfl", they throw out meaningless breadcrumbs, and all it does is serve to frustrate and alienate their hard core fanbase.
Not to mention by the time the league officially announces these big news roll outs, they’ve been leaked far before. The people that care the most know for days so their big announcements aren’t news to anyone except the casual fans, who don’t follow as close. I don’t know how many of those are out there this time of year with the NFL in full swing.
What was the reason for the delay anyway when 4 teams are exactly the same, one is slightly changed, and 2 other already existed?
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

4th&long wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:25 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:18 am
What was the reason for the delay anyway when 4 teams are exactly the same, one is slightly changed, and 2 other already existed?
Maybe trademark legalities? If these are indeed the names, it couldn’t be because of the design team. Maybe if you factor in new logos, that could take some time, but who knows how different they will even be?