QBs potentially available for XFL

XFL Football discussion.
mviglia
Linebacker

Re: QBs potentially available for XFL

Post by mviglia »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:13 pm Davis Cheek signed with the Carolina Panthers Practice Squad. Could still be eligible to be drafted in January. He won a tryout which included Kurt Benkert and.....Reid Sinnett.
Is Reid Sinnett any good? I know about Benkert but not him. Like, is it impressive to beat out Benkert and Sinnett to the practice squad, or is Cheek obviously better than those two?
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

No Aqeel Glass in XFL:

GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Jalen Morton signs with Stallions, so he won't be in the Supplemental Draft:

GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:43 pm No Aqeel Glass in XFL:

I liked Glass, but more as a developmental guy than a play-right-now guy. Not a lot of room on XFL QB depth charts right now for him.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 3:39 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:43 pm No Aqeel Glass in XFL:

I liked Glass, but more as a developmental guy than a play-right-now guy. Not a lot of room on XFL QB depth charts right now for him.
Plus he has a better chance to play in the USFL.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

Mitchell mentions in this interview the league had still been talking with Carson strong and Aqeel glass. With glass gone now I wonder who they go after to take his spot they wanted him at
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Could still be available for the Supplemental Draft:

MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Don't laugh, Jarrett Guarantano is going to back up Brett Rypien Sunday with Russell out

OK I can't hold it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Kurt Benkert appeared on yesterday's live TNF watch a long with Tom Grossi and he says that he hopes to sign a futures contract with an NFL team so that he can be in all of the minicamps and training camp. Says he only needs to be on the active roster for three games to get his NFL pension.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

GDAWG wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:36 pm Kurt Benkert appeared on yesterday's live TNF watch a long with Tom Grossi and he says that he hopes to sign a futures contract with an NFL team so that he can be in all of the minicamps and training camp. Says he only needs to be on the active roster for three games to get his NFL pension.
OK, that makes sense. The pension factor is a bigger deal than you might realize.

I remember in 2012, the UFL was able to get Kurt Schottenheimer to coach for free because if he was paid, he wouldn't get his NFL pension but if he worked for free, he'd still get his money from the NFL.