QBs potentially available for XFL

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Re: QBs potentially available for XFL

Post by GregParks »

mviglia wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:14 pm Another source for QBs for the XFL is going to be the NFL Alumni Academy camps going on now through December. They've partnered with the XFL so that anyone who graduates the academy (completes camp) gets a guaranteed contract through XFL training camp, and can be picked up by a team. I wonder who's participating in those camps right now, is that public?
https://nflalumniacademy.com/current-player-grid-list

That is the link to the first session's roster. And as GDAWG mentioned, no QBs are participating. That's not an accident, as it was made clear to agents prior to the beginning of the academy that they'd not be inviting QBs.
@gregmparks
mviglia
Linebacker

Post by mviglia »

GregParks wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:31 pm
mviglia wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:14 pm Another source for QBs for the XFL is going to be the NFL Alumni Academy camps going on now through December. They've partnered with the XFL so that anyone who graduates the academy (completes camp) gets a guaranteed contract through XFL training camp, and can be picked up by a team. I wonder who's participating in those camps right now, is that public?

That is the link to the first session's roster. And as GDAWG mentioned, no QBs are participating. That's not an accident, as it was made clear to agents prior to the beginning of the academy that they'd not be inviting QBs.
Pretty sure Davis Cheek is there, at least, since he's in the fourth photo in this tweet of theirs

I'm sure they have others as well. Who else would be throwing to their receivers? Maybe their list just hasn't been updated?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Hey good to see they fixed that problem where they had guys listed at 5-1 :D
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

mviglia wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:41 pm

Pretty sure Davis Cheek is there, at least, since he's in the fourth photo in this tweet of theirs

I'm sure they have others as well. Who else would be throwing to their receivers? Maybe their list just hasn't been updated?
Interesting...thanks for sharing. The question of "who would throw to the receivers?" was asked here as well and it didn't really make sense not to have any QBs. The list on the site is for sure updated to reflect the current class.

So...we're left with what seem like a couple options:

-QBs were late adds and haven't been updated to the site yet
-QBs are being kept secret for some reason
-The QBs are somehow not "officially" a part of the NFLAA and thus are not listed.

If anyone wants to watch the call NFLAA's Dean Dalton had with ITL, it's on YouTube here I was given notes by someone who was on the call RE: the QB situation (I haven't watched it myself), so if I get time I may have to go back and watch it to hear exactly what they saw about bringing QBs in.
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Josh Rosen was released from Cleveland's practice squad today with Deshaun Watson returning to the team's building.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Kurt Benkert released by 49ers
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

GregParks wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:36 pm

Interesting...thanks for sharing. The question of "who would throw to the receivers?" was asked here as well and it didn't really make sense not to have any QBs. The list on the site is for sure updated to reflect the current class.

-The QBs are somehow not "officially" a part of the NFLAA and thus are not listed.

If anyone wants to watch the call NFLAA's Dean Dalton had with ITL, it's on YouTube here I was given notes by someone who was on the call RE: the QB situation (I haven't watched it myself), so if I get time I may have to go back and watch it to hear exactly what they saw about bringing QBs in.
The answer, based on Mark Perry's interview with Dean Dalton, is apparently "none of the above" (or maybe a little bit of "C"). Per the interview earlier this week, Dalton noted the XFL sent the QBs to the NFLAA. I'm not sure if that means they're under contract or what, this is more of the XFL influence in the NFLAA.

@gregmparks
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:47 pm
GregParks wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:36 pm

The answer, based on Mark Perry's interview with Dean Dalton, is apparently "none of the above" (or maybe a little bit of "C"). Per the interview earlier this week, Dalton noted the XFL sent the QBs to the NFLAA. I'm not sure if that means they're under contract or what, this is more of the XFL influence in the NFLAA.

What? So no answer?
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

The NFLAA QBs, McDonald and Cheek, were sent there to work out by the XFL. That's the answer.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Cole McDonald and Davis Cheek does answer the question "who are the running backs, tight ends and wide receivers catching passes from"