QBs potentially available for XFL

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: QBs potentially available for XFL

Post by GDAWG »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:11 pm
GDAWG wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:40 pm
it seemed unlikely that Mike Glennon would ever play in the XFL but the reason I put him on the list is because while it's slim we see him in the XFL, it wasn't impossible that he would consider the XFL, same for AJ McCarron. Let's put it this way, while both seem like longshots for the XFL, they were more likely than Cam Newton, which is why Newton isn't on the list.
And to be honest, when you look at those names, and how much they line up with the likes of Landry Jones, Josh Johnson and Matt McGloin who played in the XFL in 2020... they're not nearly the kinds of longshots one might expect. They're mostly guys whose ceiling was second string QB in the NFL but were out of work.
I don't see Glennon in the XFL, and the last time he was in the NFL he was terrible, but he has a better shot at the XFL than Cam Newton, which is why I didn't include Cam on the initial list.

We can also eliminate Reid Sinnett since he tried out for the Dallas Cowboys today.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

A name might be removed from this list, depending on the severity of the injury to Mac Jones in New England.
Hollowj
Linebacker

Post by Hollowj »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:21 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:31 pm
GregParks wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:22 pm
Whaley mentioned those QBs who will be working with Palmer will be signed to a league contract and won't be eligible to play for NFL teams during that time.
Ahhh I didn’t remember that, thanks. Even so, they haven’t announced anything else any too early, (accept for playing in Las Vegas with still no definite stadium deal yet), I’m still going with a date closer to November.
We'll probably know the names before November, just not the teams that they are going to play for.
We probably won't know until draft day
Hollowj
Linebacker

Post by Hollowj »

johnnyangryfuzzball wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:16 pm That is a bad blow to the XFL, to have a guy openly talk up the league, then bail for a practice squad gig at the first opportunity. It just goes to show that you're not getting player 54, you're getting player 68.
I mean it's a NFL opportunity to collect NFL money so while he did talked up the league we knew he wasn't one of the allocated QBs because no one knows who they are...plus he just said they talked to him
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Hollowj wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:44 am
GDAWG wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:21 pm
Gopher123 wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 6:31 pm

Ahhh I didn’t remember that, thanks. Even so, they haven’t announced anything else any too early, (accept for playing in Las Vegas with still no definite stadium deal yet), I’m still going with a date closer to November.
We'll probably know the names before November, just not the teams that they are going to play for.
We probably won't know until draft day
We will know before Draft Day because the names (although not the teams they are assigned to) will be leaked.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

James Morgan signed with the Maulers of the USFL, announced on Twitter tonight.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:21 pm James Morgan signed with the Maulers of the USFL, announced on Twitter tonight.
Edited. Thank you.

Also they signed QB Troy Williams. They now have Morgan, Williams, Vad Lee, Roland Rivers and just signed Chase Fourcade. If Lee and Rivers signed two year deals, there could be a USFL QB trade in the works involving one of those two (or both) since KJ Costello, Luis Perez and Kyle Sloter have not re-signed with the USFL yet.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:23 pm
GregParks wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:21 pm James Morgan signed with the Maulers of the USFL, announced on Twitter tonight.
Edited. Thank you.

Also they signed QB Troy Williams. They now have Morgan, Williams, Vad Lee, Roland Rivers and just signed Chase Fourcade. If Lee and Rivers signed two year deals, there could be a USFL QB trade in the works involving one of those two (or both) since KJ Costello, Luis Perez and Kyle Sloter have not re-signed with the USFL yet.
Nephew of John who made it as the Saints third string QB then crossed the line figuring (correctly) it was his only shot to play, then memorably nearly laughed off the team when he suggested to Jim Mora he should be the starter even once Hebert and co came back. Also dated pre-Trump Marla Maples while he played in the USFL.

Troy Williams is a 'what if' story. Originally a Steve Sarkisian recruit, he redshirted with the aim of succeeding Keith Price in 2014. Then Sark left for USC, and he didn't fit with Chris Petersen, only playing a handful of games before transferring to a CC, then winding up at Utah, where he started for a year before being replaced by Tyler Huntley (and playing his old UW squad that had a top 5 defense with Budda Baker and Vita Vea didn't help).
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

the list could change if Miami signs someone on this list.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:32 am the list could change if Miami signs someone on this list.
If signing with the XFL as a QB prevents leaving (even to the NFL) until after the season is over than many QBs could hold out till mid Jan. Again that's if.