QBs potentially available for XFL

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: QBs potentially available for XFL

Post by GDAWG »

Sounder wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:09 pm Now that Baker Mayfield has been released by Carolina, it's rumored he could go to SF. Would he be too proud to join the XFL or USFL?
Yes.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:31 pm
MGB01 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:18 pm
Sounder wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:09 pm Now that Baker Mayfield has been released by Carolina, it's rumored he could go to SF. Would he be too proud to join the XFL or USFL?
I actually floated that as a one-off in my sim; would he end back up with Stoops? That was back in June

Now here we are :mrgreen:
You think he's playing in XFL or USFL?
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-pa ... -earnings/

I doubt it.
No one really thinks he is, but it's a reflection of where he is.

One should have seen this coming from the first Heisman House ad where he clowned his own reading ability.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:36 pm

I actually floated that as a one-off in my sim; would he end back up with Stoops? That was back in June

I doubt it.

One should have seen this coming from the first Heisman House ad where he clowned his own reading ability.
Carolina is a sh#tshow. Cleveland worse. Baker got injured in Cleveland and the brain trust up there signs a PR disaster (Watson) to what $230mm guaranteed contract? After Baker wins first playoff game in what 20 years?
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Jarrett Guarantano could still be eligible for the XFL Supplemental Draft even though he signed with the Broncos Practice Squad.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

4th&long wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:55 pm
MGB01 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:36 pm

I doubt it.

Carolina is a sh#tshow. Baker got injured in Cleveland and the brain trust up there signs a PR disaster (Watson) to what $230mm guaranteed contract? After Baker wins first playoff game in what 20 years?
He's done this to himself, no tears here

Obsession with Texas: Yeah, how's that gonna play in a league where you might end up with Longhorn teammates (as when he was rumored to go to the Hawks--Quandre Diggs, Michael Dickson, Poona Ford, Marquise Goodwin; and then with the Panthers--Foreman)? It'd be hilarious to see the Colts pick him up and he gets to share a room with Sam Ehlinger.

"They should have drafted him no. 1" before the game with KC/Mahomes in 2018, which I'm sure went over real well with Myles Garrett, and is damn lucky he didn't end up Mason Rudolph.

One would also think one of the Progressive ads where he's trying to sell Jedrick Wills back his own shoulder pads that it actually happened IRL. The relationship between Mayfield and the rest of the team probably wasn't much better than with Johnny Manziel.

Oh for the days when being encroached upon by Big Al was the most of his problems...........................
Rmbay
Running Back

Post by Rmbay »

I doubt it.
Yup. He hasn't yet exhausted his 9 lives in the NFL as long as someone thinks they can get something decent out of him. Until that time his ego and the lure of an NFL paycheck will keep him floating around the league.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

Rmbay wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:09 pm

I doubt it.
Yup. He hasn't yet exhausted his 9 lives in the NFL as long as someone thinks they can get something decent out of him. Until that time his ego and the lure of an NFL paycheck will keep him floating around the league.
Lets face it Carolina is a wreck so being there isnt going to help anyone. But sure - why not get a $1-3mm check - its not easy to get that ouside of FB. He's still likely nursing his old injury too. I think he can play better but he's only got so much runway left and he needs to focus. 4-7 years getting a backup check is good money.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Rams add Baker Mayfield, so it could mean Case Cookus isn't going to be with the Rams Practice Squad any longer.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:24 pm Rams add Baker Mayfield, so it could mean Case Cookus isn't going to be with the Rams Practice Squad any longer.
Oh man Mayfield and Jalen Ramsey in the same locker room? Grab the popcorn :D

I mean if the NFL's headed for a Christmas Day wreck (that and the quarter billion dollar man's attempts at topping 200 yards and leading multiple TD drives), might as well make it must-see Crash TV.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Davis Cheek signed with the Carolina Panthers Practice Squad. Could still be eligible to be drafted in January. He won a tryout which included Kurt Benkert and.....Reid Sinnett.