QBs potentially available for XFL

XFL Football discussion.
GDAWG
MVP

Re: QBs potentially available for XFL

Post by GDAWG »

4th&long wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:33 pm
GregParks wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:15 pm
GregParks wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:57 pm With Garoppolo now out for the year and the 49ers down to Brock Purdy, it'll be interesting to see if Benkert gets called back or if they go with a more experienced option like, say, a Josh Dobbs.
They're signing Josh Johnson off Denver's practice squad, per Schefter.

That's not a bad move actually, but they could use another on the PS guy to move up. Sloter would add depth. I say Sloter as he played 10 games recently and has been on NFL active roster for a while.
The 49ers also have Jacob Eason on the practice squad.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:04 pm
GregParks wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:15 pm

They're signing Josh Johnson off Denver's practice squad, per Schefter.

That's not a bad move actually, but they could use another on the PS guy to move up. Sloter would add depth. I say Sloter as he played 10 games recently and has been on NFL active roster for a while.
Yeah GL to the Niners trying to beat Brady with Brock Purdy (granted PJW did it but he's also got a few starts under his belt). They might as well just run wildcat with CMC and Deebo the whole game.

Actually it'd be funnier than hell to have Eason end up on TNF on the 15th, considering there was a small Eason contingent who were actually pushing him over Geno based on that preseason game vs the Bears in August (which was on McAfee's show so it instantly became like the most important preseason game in history).
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:30 am

Yeah GL to the Niners trying to beat Brady with Brock Purdy (granted PJW did it but he's also got a few starts under his belt). They might as well just run wildcat with CMC and Deebo the whole game.

Actually it'd be funnier than hell to have Eason end up on TNF on the 15th, considering there was a small Eason contingent who were actually pushing him over Geno based on that preseason game vs the Bears in August (which was on McAfee's show so it instantly became like the most important preseason game in history).
Brock Purdy's performance for the rest of the season will determine if he has a ten year NFL career or if we'll see him in the XFL or USFL in a few years.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

GregParks wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:57 pm With Garoppolo now out for the year and the 49ers down to Brock Purdy, it'll be interesting to see if Benkert gets called back or if they go with a more experienced option like, say, a Josh Dobbs.
Dobbs signed with Detroit's practice squad today. They had recently lost Tim Boyle, who signed with Chicago.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GDAWG wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:16 pm

Brock Purdy's performance for the rest of the season will determine if he has a ten year NFL career or if we'll see him in the XFL or USFL in a few years.
Hard to believe this didn't absolutely bury him

Hell no wonder Jarrett Guarantano, who I was done with after watching three minutes of him against Utah State in 2021, keeps trying to invite himself to NFL workouts.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

GregParks wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:22 pm
Dobbs signed with Detroit's practice squad today. They had recently lost Tim Boyle, who signed with Chicago.
That's interesting since he tried out with Denver last week. I wonder who they sign to take Johnson's place, unless they want to try Kendall Hinton again.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:55 pm
GDAWG wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:16 pm

Hard to believe this didn't absolutely bury him

Hell no wonder Jarrett Guarantano, who I was done with after watching three minutes of him against Utah State in 2021, keeps trying to invite himself to NFL workouts.
Wasn't he also one of the QBs who tried out for Carson Palmer?
Sounder
Coach

Post by Sounder »

Now that Baker Mayfield has been released by Carolina, it's rumored he could go to SF. Would he be too proud to join the XFL or USFL?
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Sounder wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:09 pm Now that Baker Mayfield has been released by Carolina, it's rumored he could go to SF. Would he be too proud to join the XFL or USFL?
I actually floated that as a one-off in my sim; would he end back up with Stoops? That was back in June

Now here we are :mrgreen:
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:18 pm
Sounder wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:09 pm Now that Baker Mayfield has been released by Carolina, it's rumored he could go to SF. Would he be too proud to join the XFL or USFL?
I actually floated that as a one-off in my sim; would he end back up with Stoops? That was back in June

Now here we are :mrgreen:
You think he's playing in XFL or USFL?
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/carolina-pa ... -earnings/

I doubt it.