Former XFL players in the NFL 2022

XFL Football discussion.
MGB01
MVP

Re: Former XFL players in the NFL 2022

Post by MGB01 »

Here's one in the reverse: former Bengals/Pats RB Jeremy Hill, whose career was undone by fumbles (notably the one in the playoffs against the Steelers) and injuries, is going to attempt a comeback in the XFL.

https://www.nola.com/sports/lsu/jeremy- ... c8105.html

Hard pass from me
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Panthers to waive Baker Mayfield today, clearing the way for PJW to back up Darnold for the rest of the season.

Meaning the Panthers are now 2/5 the way towards jettisoning their entire QB room in a calendar year (Mayfield and Eason). Still likely none of the remaining three, even Corral, come back, which has to be a record--definitely with two top three picks from the same draft being among them.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

MGB01 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:49 am Still likely none of the remaining three, even Corral, come back,
I would be shocked if Corral doesn't return, especially if they keep the GM in the offseason; few teams punt on a third-round draft pick that quickly.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

GregParks wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:11 pm
MGB01 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:49 am Still likely none of the remaining three, even Corral, come back,
I would be shocked if Corral doesn't return, especially if they keep the GM in the offseason; few teams punt on a third-round draft pick that quickly.
True, depends on the regime. But I'm sure there were more than a few :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: s when Corral dumped all over Ole Miss, not only a direct shot at JT but I'm also sure A.J. Brown, D.K. Metcalf, Dawson Knox, and Elijah Moore were all "Fine we didn't want you either". It's kind of like Mayfield's obsession with Texas, which I'm sure went over real well when he was handing the ball off to D'Onta Foreman.

Sure, he walked it back two days later cause he sort of had to, but it points to a major attitude problem going forward: If he thought he should have started at Ole Miss from day one, does he think now that Mayfield (and soon Darnold) is/are gone he should automatically become the starter in 2023? Plus there's a few mocks out there that have them taking Levis or Stroud, that kind of puts an end to any visions of him being long-term starter.

Also remember the last time Wilks was a head coach, his successor immediately turfed his first round pick, a third rounder will be small potatoes for his (Wilks) latest one.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GregParks wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:11 pm
Agreed. Or traded. But if they they need to make space?... who knows.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Godwin Igwebuike to make his 2022 debut for the Hawks today with Kenneth Walker and DeeJay Dallas likely out
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

Iggy had two big kick returns to spur the Hawks to a moment where it looked like they were going to erase a 17-0 deficit, but since their defense is loaded with guys who yap and have literally made two plays since, it was all for naught.
MGB01
MVP

Post by MGB01 »

I expect Purdy (oblique) to be good to go, but Josh Johnson could start for the Niners Thursday night.

As the man who will call the game wrote, you can't make this up
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

TE Tyree Jackson was placed on IR with another knee injury. RB Godwin Igwebuike was elevated again for today's Seahawks game.
@gregmparks
laxtreme56
Coach

Post by laxtreme56 »

After playing his best 3 quarters of the season, it looks like the Heineke experiment may be coming to an end. A fumble and interception (with pick 6 called back) will probably cost Taylor his starting job.