How will they stop players from kneeling?

XFL Football discussion.
MarkNelson
UFLBoard Correspondent

How will they stop players from kneeling?

Post by MarkNelson »

A good question. I’d love to hear what some people suggest. If a player kneels during the anthem, do they get fined? Suspended? Booted out?
UFLBoard: https://uflboard.com/news/author/mnelson/
Author: “XFL 2020: Rise and Fall” https://xfl2020book.com
Coming soon: “XFL 2023: Rise”
Favourite Leagues: XFL and CFL | Fan of the Winnipeg Blue Bombers
XFL2020
Receiver

Re: How will they stop players from kneeling?

Post by XFL2020 »

My guess is they will fine them and then suspend them. If they make it a league-wide rule then they can probably justify the punishment.
XFL_FAN
Coach

Post by XFL_FAN »

I don't know. I would think it would be a one time warning suspension and then if they do it again expulsion from the league. McMahon said that the players would understand that rule before signing, so I don't think it would be a problem. No politics, whatsoever.
Ready for the team reveals...again
XFL2020
Receiver

Post by XFL2020 »

It's probably a good idea to make the ruling in advance, and then see how it plays out. If everyone knows the rules going in then there is less chance for problems.

Maybe the league could figure out some way to overtly support racial equality, rather than by protesting.
GoDogs
Running Back

Post by GoDogs »

I don’t think it will be a problem. These won’t be million dollar prima donnas with a guaranteed next year. Most of these guys will see the bigger picture, and will be excited to compete and develope.
Joker
Quarterback

Post by Joker »

The league could address the issue head on, making it overtly known that the league represents all races and backgrounds. Simply put, make the act of playing in the XFL a statement that you support equality. Protests would be unnecessary.
Fan of the XFL from the beginning. You may remember me from the original XFLboard.