XFL Hires Jordan Palmer as Director of QB Development

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

XFL Hires Jordan Palmer as Director of QB Development

Post by GregParks »

This was something mentioned by Doug Whaley on the call with agents that I covered: The XFL was going to hire someone to work with QBs beginning in September so that they are as ready for the season as they can be. Palmer has been a private QB tutor for years. If nothing else, we should be getting word of these QBs signing with the league soon if they're going to be working out with Palmer next month. Unless they try to keep that under wraps as well.
@gregmparks
GDAWG
MVP

Re: XFL Hires Jordan Palmer as Director of QB Development

Post by GDAWG »

They are going to wait a bit I think because most of the XFL QB's are probably on NFL rosters right now plus who knows how many are going to be on NFL practice squads. I believe we will know after Labor Day.
herns
Head Coach

Post by herns »

GregParks wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:24 am

This was something mentioned by Doug Whaley on the call with agents that I covered: The XFL was going to hire someone to work with QBs beginning in September so that they are as ready for the season as they can be. Palmer has been a private QB tutor for years. If nothing else, we should be getting word of these QBs signing with the league soon if they're going to be working out with Palmer next month. Unless they try to keep that under wraps as well.
Love this move by the xfl. It also means we should know qbs soon, I wonder if they use the allocated qbs in team brand announcements
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Hopefully the XFL will still allow him to help current NFL QB's as well. Like if Trey Lance wants his help, he can still be allowed to help Trey Lance while also helping XFL QB's.
4th&long
MVP

Post by 4th&long »

GDAWG wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:48 pm Hopefully the XFL will still allow him to help current NFL QB's as well. Like if Trey Lance wants his help, he can still be allowed to help Trey Lance while also helping XFL QB's.
He'll go where the $$$ are, so more than likely XFL will be flexible. :ugeek:
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

4th&long wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:21 pm
GDAWG wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:48 pm Hopefully the XFL will still allow him to help current NFL QB's as well. Like if Trey Lance wants his help, he can still be allowed to help Trey Lance while also helping XFL QB's.
He'll go where the $$$ are, so more than likely XFL will be flexible. :ugeek:
Most of his work is off-season stuff anyway. I don't see a major conflict, otherwise he probably wouldn't have taken the job.
johnnyangryfuzzball
Head Coach

Post by johnnyangryfuzzball »

Excellent hire IMO.