Anthony Becht Twitter Q&A Friday at 1pm EST

XFL Football discussion.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Anthony Becht Twitter Q&A Friday at 1pm EST

Post by GregParks »

For anyone interested in asking St. Louis HC Anthony Becht a question...

I'm sure it'll be nothing groundbreaking, but it's an easy way for the XFL and Becht to connect with fans that doesn't cost them a thing.
@gregmparks
MGB01
MVP

Re: Anthony Becht Twitter Q&A Friday at 1pm EST

Post by MGB01 »

Becht could very well end up the worst case scenario, the Kirby of the XFL (hey somebody's going 1-9). But he at least has cred as an ex-first round pick and, albeit for one year, as an ex-Ram. Plus he has the Martz connection from the AAF, be intrigued to see if he ends up bringing a few of the Fleet coaches in to fill out the rest of his staff.
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:30 am Becht could very well end up the worst case scenario, the Kirby of the XFL (hey somebody's going 1-9). But he at least has cred as an ex-first round pick and, albeit for one year, as an ex-Ram. Plus he has the Martz connection from the AAF, be intrigued to see if he ends up bringing a few of the Fleet coaches in to fill out the rest of his staff.
He has connections to Martz, but also connections to Ken Whisenhunt
Gopher123
Quarterback

Post by Gopher123 »

Not sure how credible but on Twitter earlier this week someone posted that former Ram Torry Holt would be joining Becht’s staff. However, it didn’t name his job title. Maybe Becht will mention something more on him.
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

Gopher123 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:33 am Not sure how credible but on Twitter earlier this week someone posted that former Ram Torry Holt would be joining Becht’s staff. However, it didn’t name his job title. Maybe Becht will mention something more on him.
I think there was a picture on Twitter of the Greatest Show on Turf Rams posing with new HOF inductee Dick Vermeil, which led to a St. Louis reporter saying that one player in that picture would be on Anthony Becht's staff, but he wasn't at liberty to divulge who. That might have been what led to the Holt speculation.
@gregmparks
GregParks
UFLBoard Correspondent

Post by GregParks »

MGB01 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:30 am Becht could very well end up the worst case scenario, the Kirby of the XFL (hey somebody's going 1-9). But he at least has cred as an ex-first round pick and, albeit for one year, as an ex-Ram. Plus he has the Martz connection from the AAF, be intrigued to see if he ends up bringing a few of the Fleet coaches in to fill out the rest of his staff.
Becht is easily the most engaging and social media-savvy of any of the head coaches so far, which may buy him a longer leash from fans and perhaps even the league if things get off to a rocky start for him.
@gregmparks
Tank55
MVP

Post by Tank55 »

Wasn’t Hakim on the Fleet staff with Becht? He would be my guess.
2020 East Division Champions
2021 February Monthly T-Shirt Giveaway Champion
GDAWG
MVP

Post by GDAWG »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:22 am Wasn’t Hakim on the Fleet staff with Becht? He would be my guess.
I wonder who the rest of his staff is going to be? I wonder if he's going to bring on a super experienced coach as a consultant, because that would help him.
SamTheRam28
Quarterback

Post by SamTheRam28 »

Tank55 wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:22 am Wasn’t Hakim on the Fleet staff with Becht? He would be my guess.
I think Hakim was also the WR coach for the BattleHawks in 2020. I'd say it's pretty likely he reclaims that position.
St. Louis BattleHawks
BattleHawks
Running Back

Post by BattleHawks »

cool